Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VSA rocks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Having the squares doesn't mean that I am right though.
    lol it justs means im more likely to believe you lol

and yfin i know exactly what you mean, XR6 turbo ute in the wet is not a good thing... i think you know where im coming from lol

atleast in a RWD you can power out of it and get the rear to snap back in... unlike FWD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act View Post
    How does that make it safer? and as aaronng said, understeer is easy to correct by allowing the vehicle to slow down and the front wheels regain traction... over steer is much harder to correct.
    Lets not get into a debate about which is safer and easier to correct. It greatly depends on driver ability and quite posibly even then car/setup.

For me in the mx5 i would much prefer oversteer (no matter how snappy and sudden).

In the accord euro the gradual understeer is much easier managed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by luxobarge View Post
    Lets not get into a debate about which is safer and easier to correct. It greatly depends on driver ability and quite posibly even then car/setup.
    true that

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Having the squares doesn't mean that I am right though.
    ahh... thats what those green squares are for..... Can someone give me more?

Most non performance cars are design to induce some slight understeer for safety reason..... if you are understeering, just lift off and the head will tuck back in.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Honda Accord Euro
    VSA = Freaking Awesome...
    Can't count how many VSA has helped me out and also let me power on over those AWD guys...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi guys, like to ask for your opinion, not sure if VSC of my Euro is working or not because:
    1) today it was drizzling a bit, wet road, I was trying to accelerate from stand still to make a turn at busy intersection as the light turn red (so on coming cars have stop allows me to do the turn safely), for some reason I get the wheel spin I hardly have before (yes is an AUTO, very hard to get wheel spin normally. My wheel was pointing straight when it happens. VSC light did not come on, I can hear and feel wheel spinning no traction control to cut in stopping it ~1/2-1sec). I have to ease off the accelerator to re-gain traction so my Euro can move straight for a few meters before the actual turn.
    2) Some round abouts get very slippery in wet, under no acceleration, I can feel the understeer happening and have to balance with some breaks. I check it again some time ago when it is safe I let it oversteer & run wide to check, but I don't see VSC light come on at all.
    Thus this mean my VSC is not working?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    VSA/VSC only comes on in dire conditions, at least what it judges as dire. The VSA in the Euro has been praised for not being a Nanny like in all Toyota's, in that they don't just pop-up whenever some wheel slip occurs. If I put it in another way, if you look at German cars, they tend to have ON, SPORT and OFF, settings. With Toyota, it would be ON or OFF. With the Euro, it would be SPORT or OFF. In SPORT, VSC shouldn't correct the car unless there's sudden movement or loss of grip. It's not like the EDC on Golfs where they brake the inner wheel to lessen understeer, or such. But if you're really concerned, get Honda to do a check up. Should be free anyway.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I think you are right ChaosMaster. I've ask Honda during my service and they say it is normal to have some degree of slips before VSA kicks in. They've check according to their schedule, and everythings seems OK. I still can't believe I can feel and react to the slip before the VSA kicks in. But VSA did safe my life before when I have to avoid a UTE swifting head on to my side of the road few years before, just like you said in "DIRE" condition.

VSA is hell aggressive on my car, one slip and the dash starts partying disco style.

Countless times I can think of going a little too fast at take off and my car has told me off. :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    i just re-read this thread, can't believe its been almost 6 years since I posted this. Since the Euro is still with us and coming upto 7 years in age now, its good to know that the safety technology from back then is still just as useful now. Solid Honda engineering.

06 Euro Lux 5AT Graphite Mods: K&N Panel Filter -sold

A RWD Euro would be the ultimate Honda, I'd say. There's nothing like getting the back end to come out when you want to. Hopefully there's VSA to stop it from sliding when you don't want it to

Do all Euro's have VSA ?
    EG