Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    @EUR003act, Generally low RMS is better suited for stock HU's but yeh sensitivity also determines stock HU compatibility

@maskitoe, dont buy Sony, they are no good. My Sony Amp overheats very easily, my 6x9's blew after a few weeks, my 6"'s sound terrible. I have American and Italian stuff now, and have yet to complain
    Last edited by EuroDude; 16-08-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by maskitoe View Post
    ...excuse my ignorance.... but what are LOC's ?.....I like your suggestion of retaining my HU as this aslo keeps the cost down and am starting to think I can actually DIY if I could work out the wiring and pick up any necessary HU to LOC to amp loom adaptors. Any details on this ?
    I checked out the current supercheap catalogue that arrived home as junk mail today and found a Sony 4 x 55 watt channel amp for $200 and a pair of 4 way 6" speakers for $84. Not sure if this set would be ideal for the Euro lux 03 but at least it gives me some idea of pricing as my budget will stretch to around $500. ...I'm in my late 30's... so looking for quality sound not grunt.

Thanks Euro03ACT ....will take your advise on db sensitivity when I check out the speakers.
    As Eurodude said stay away from Sony etc.and the stuff at Strathfield,most of it is crap.LOCs=line out converters,they change the signal from the HU to enable the amp to read it i think.someone else here will clarify for you.Brands i'd suggest are Alpine,Boston even Kenwood isn't bad.If you're in Sydney i can recommend a good place that did my install.Also talk to tron07 he's knowledgeable in this area.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 03
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    As Eurodude said stay away from Sony etc.and the stuff at Strathfield,most of it is crap.LOCs=line out converters,they change the signal from the HU to enable the amp to read it i think.someone else here will clarify for you.Brands i'd suggest are Alpine,Boston even Kenwood isn't bad.If you're in Sydney i can recommend a good place that did my install.Also talk to tron07 he's knowledgeable in this area.
    yes...I'm in Sydney......please advise your installer details

Do drop by the euro meet next week then...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    @EUR003act, Generally low RMS is better suited for stock HU's but yeh sensitivity also determines stock HU compatibility

@maskitoe, dont buy Sony, they are no good. My Sony Amp overheats very easily, my 6x9's blew after a few weeks, my 6"'s sound terrible. I have American and Italian stuff now, and have yet to complain
    Thanks

And yes i agree, id stay away from so called "good" car audio gear like sony/pioneer/clarion. go for the top of the line names like Rockford Fosgate, Focal, JL Audio, Alpine (Type R or X only)....

my opinion anyway

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro Luxury
    My philosophy has always been to keep it as close to the original front end as possible, and modify the back end gear to get the sound you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by maskitoe View Post
    ...excuse my ignorance.... but what are LOC's ?.....I like your suggestion of retaining my HU as this aslo keeps the cost down and am starting to think I can actually DIY if I could work out the wiring and pick up any necessary HU to LOC to amp loom adaptors. Any details on this ?
    I checked out the current supercheap catalogue that arrived home as junk mail today and found a Sony 4 x 55 watt channel amp for $200 and a pair of 4 way 6" speakers for $84. Not sure if this set would be ideal for the Euro lux 03 but at least it gives me some idea of pricing as my budget will stretch to around $500. ...I'm in my late 30's... so looking for quality sound not grunt.

Thanks Euro03ACT ....will take your advise on db sensitivity when I check out the speakers.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70698

basically to install a LOC (to get RCA cables for the amp) you just hook the LOC up to your rear speakers. and then plug the RCA cables into the amp. the headunit however quite tricky to remove a more simple option to get your Remote wire hooked up for your amp is to bridge it off your cigarett lighter this saves u heaps of time and effort. that leaves the live wire which is pretty simple feed the wire from your battery through your firewall and then to your amp =]

on a different note. what amp do you guys suggest i get to run a pair of alpine type r 6x9z and a alpine r sub.?

anyone have diy rear spear removal guides?
    Last edited by lilwilliam; 21-08-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    You can search for centre removals on this forum im pretty sure. But in regards to the remote wire, i just put up this post, may help if you want to avoid switches and just want to have the amps on ONLY when your cd/radio is on.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=36346&page=4