Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    How many people in Syd hear that have CTR who can go out on Wed?? as in the 26th?? If its on then??
    Last edited by Nepolian; 12-09-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    where are you heading to chris? can i come? lol i just dont know how to get to the track...
    Yeah were going eastern creek raceway..you know were that is?
    civic type R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    How many people in Syd hear that have CTR who can go out on Wed?? as in the 26th?? If its on then??
    Yeah well thats when I'm going...so maybe a few of us..
    civic type R

hrm, i've grown to love the new ctr, though it does seem the performance lacks somewhat.

From what i have heard, the engine is pretty amazing, much better than the audm dc5r, though serzly, does the fn2 really need dual zone climate control ???

You think its possible when/if the FD2R comes to AUS, the fn2r will be labelled Type S ?? coz as much as i love it, i think essentially thats what it is. I mean, if i was after a daily car, yeah fn2 Type S for sure, i'd love one. but the label of Type R is maybe a bit much... ESPECIally now i hear of 78kg of creature comforts, dual climate control included, wtf on a type R ??
    Last edited by preludacris; 19-10-2007 at 05:31 AM.

oh and Chris_typer , ur comments really make the fn2R sound like a Type S lol.

woops sorry, brought this thread back from the dead.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    well unfortunately i think the FN2R is chasing the Golf GTI which has tons more features than the FN2R as it is now.

i think calling it Type S is a wrong. afterall it has the red top K20A. Euro R would be a more fitting name.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & Jazz VTI...
    see.. i did the thread on Ek4 vs FN2 which got deleted of coz..lol.. FN2 0-100 is only 7.7s... an Ek4 with I/h/e ctr cams,spoon flywheel,exedy clutch etc.. can at least keep up right.. sure be able to do flat 8s at least.. so tat prove my point that the new type R heavy body is holding it behind.. the Ek9 is still the best type R!!

jus a comment.. dun take it seriously.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1-R View Post
    see.. i did the thread on Ek4 vs FN2 which got deleted of coz..lol.. FN2 0-100 is only 7.7s... an Ek4 with I/h/e ctr cams,spoon flywheel,exedy clutch etc.. can at least keep up right.. sure be able to do flat 8s at least.. so tat prove my point that the new type R heavy body is holding it behind.. the Ek9 is still the best type R!!

jus a comment.. dun take it seriously.
    Even a family car with I/H/E, cams, flywheel, clutch can be quicker than a stock EK9. You can't compare modded to stock.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    0-100km/h times is over rated.

many people complained that factory claim for FN2R is 6.6sec and claims it's BS.

afaik 6.6sec is 0-60mph which does not equal to 0-100km/h. the 2nd gear is just shy on 100km/h and would require change to 3rd which loses time.

0-400m or 1/4 miles are a better indication for standing start.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1-R View Post
    the Ek9 is still the best type R!!
    no way. THE best type R is this NSX-R

what is the rev limiter for new fn2 ? i think the redline is 8400??

maybe honda got that 0-100 time takn it to full rev limiter in 2nd? but i thought the gear ratio's were shorter than that...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Yeah redline is 8400.
    civic type R