Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I just went for a test drive of the FN CTR this morning and here are my brief thoughts...

NO WAY THEY COULD BE DOING THESE TIMES THAT MOTOR MAGAZINE CLAIMED BELOW:

0-100km in 7.7 sec
    0-400m in 15.5 @ 148.4kph
    0-1000m in 28.1 sec @ 189.7kph
    80-120 (3rd) 4.8 sec
    100km - 0 in 37.8 metres

The car definitely accelerated faster than the claimed 7.7 seconds... SERIOUS!

I was impressed by the car's handling, the stiff suspension (Similar to Tein SS) and positive steering feel is top notch, no understeer into hard corners, it just sits and steers very sharply then you power through out of the corner.. AMAZING!

The SEATS!! THE SEATS!!! I want the SEATS!

Contrary to the power delivery of VTEC engines, the CTR has very linear delivery and you don't actually feel the "VTEC Yo" feeling.. It just goes all the way and pass the 8000RPM redline..

Everyone knows about the interesting VTEC light feature.. It's cool but I hardly took notice of it... Most of the time, you will be looking at the electronic speedo climb...and climb... and climb... and climb... Oh and it brakes damm well too.... You can read in MPH or KMH

Rear passenger seats are rather spacious for a hatch, boot space is ok, glovebox is long and deep.....

Being built from the UK, the indicator stalk is on the left and it's rather sensitive... irritated me at times..

It comes with dual climate control air-con and I like the fact that the passenger controls are on the doors... For the driver however, it's a bit of a stretch to reach the controls next to the steering wheel.

Car feels solid hence the weight....

What I don't like....

The buttons... It's the type that after you press it, it comes back out slower..

The controls... it's all over the place....

The rain sensor.. It's too far out and too bulky... And the hole they cut on the roof lining to run the rain sensor wire looks like it was done by a six year old kid, I checked with 3 other CTRs and all had the same problem...

I'm not keen on the side mirror as well LOL...

Display monitors are all over the place LOL!

I don't like the rectangular LCD display that is slapped right in front of the tacho... Looks out of place.. And the display of people in the car on the LCD looks like hands rather than plan view of people in the car LOL!

I think this will make a good track car outside of the JDM FD CTR that is.. But on a serious note, it's the closest R we can get now....

All for $43500 driveaway.... mmmmmmmmmm....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I can't see the typr R-ness in this car apart from its engine and gearbox...
    honestly who's Honda trying to fool...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i was told about the chassis of the hatch type R by ichishima

its pretty crap
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    if you read the judges verdicts, it's obvious that the CTR is a love it/hate it car.

it has a 1st, a few 2nd & 3rd and nothing lower than 4th iirc. some people will love it to death while some will think its ordinary and not living up to the R badge.

and i kinda agree with Charles' column in the latest ASM. the good old days are long gone and we better get used to these newer breeds of performance cars.

with regards to the ranking, it's all about bang per buck. the CTR ranks lowly becos it's costly for it's performance and it's kinda expected that MPS 3 etc will walk it with much more output at similar price. however sometimes there are more to driving than outright speed. that's why cars like Mx5 has it's appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    and i kinda agree with Charles' column in the latest ASM. the good old days are long gone and we better get used to these newer breeds of performance cars.
    True... once we got into flying cars then all of our good ol EK, DC2, NSX, etc will be goooonee... (big question is... when? )

ontopic: CTR seems make a good lap time out of those 30-40k dont you think?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    formally fn2
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    some people will love it to death while some will think its ordinary and not living up to the R badge.

I believe this to be tottally true. I originally wasn't a big fan of honda because i'd always loved my evo's but since picking up my CTR last night i absolutely love it. Preformance cars as we know it has changed, i was originally in the market for a dc2r but i find this car is more well suited for me. It's a nice daily whilst also has preformance when needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by hengz View Post
    I believe this to be tottally true. I originally wasn't a big fan of honda because i'd always loved my evo's but since picking up my CTR last night i absolutely love it. Preformance cars as we know it has changed, i was originally in the market for a dc2r but i find this car is more well suited for me. It's a nice daily whilst also has preformance when needed.
    Yes exactly..alright it might not be the fastest of cars but its not like your on a race track everyday, maybe if you were you would notice it more that doesn't perform as good as other rivals but for day to day use and times when you want to have some fun at the lights..it still goes hard so you can say what you want, its still a good quality car.
    civic type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_typer View Post
    Yes exactly..alright it might not be the fastest of cars but its not like your on a race track everyday, maybe if you were you would notice it more that doesn't perform as good as other rivals but for day to day use and times when you want to have some fun at the lights..it still goes hard so you can say what you want, its still a good quality car.
    As long as you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

Not a fan of the performance or the looks of it, but I do agree the interior and certain portions of the vehicle looks good quality.

Give it a little bit of time to mature, then slowly more aftermarket parts will be out. If I had a FN2R right now, I would just keep it stock for a couple of years and spend on custom fibre parts to reduce its weight, but hey that's just me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R FN2
    Quote Originally Posted by ennavoli View Post
    As long as you're happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

Not a fan of the performance or the looks of it, but I do agree the interior and certain portions of the vehicle looks good quality.

Give it a little bit of time to mature, then slowly more aftermarket parts will be out. If I had a FN2R right now, I would just keep it stock for a couple of years and spend on custom fibre parts to reduce its weight, but hey that's just me.
    Yeah thats what I was looking into..but for the time being yeh im completely happy with it, when some mod's mature I will be looking into buying some.
    civic type R

WTF Mazda MPS3 got 1st?

Where's the Ford XR5?

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    WTF Mazda MPS3 got 1st?

Where's the Ford XR5?
    its not even worthed to test jkz...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    WTF Mazda MPS3 got 1st?

Where's the Ford XR5?
    pretty sure the xr5 is much higher in the price category. last time i checked it was 45-55k
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.