Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hi y'all!

Name: Mark
    Occupation: Errr... officially its: Software Engineer... self employed.

I've just put in my order for the 8th gen civic a couple of days ago. Black auto Civic Vti. A nice upgrade from my first car (ford festive yuck!)

Really looking forward to it arriving, tho it might take till November to be built/arrive.

either way I'm planning on keeping it pretty stock except for a few things:
    - New rims
    - Tints
    - Lowered by a couple of inches. (how low before needing to replace stock sussies?)
    - Minor cosmetic changes (front lip etc)

Options that are coming with the car are:
    - Rear parking sensors
    - Trim set (silver)
    - Led lighting inside around feet area
    - Bassworks sound updgrade (not having high hopes... but it should be decent for my purposes)
    - exhaust pipe finisher - chrome

So yeah thats about it. I'll post pics up when it arrives here.

OzHonda is great... been reading it for a while. Members seem to be pretty friendly too!

And before Nikki asks, yes i am hot... but I'm also married. So there, don't ask.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC2-R
    Welcome Mark!
    Wow, 21, brand new Civic, married and self employed!
    Doing well for yourself there mate!

Enjoy the new ride when it arrives.. eventually!
    - [ * AℓвєятяoN ] illegal street racing is bad hao map ! says:
    haha. i'll marry you.
    ||nam|| says:
    ok thats just wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    hahahaha,
    Nice lil intro Mark
    Welcome!
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Hi Mark and welcome to ozhonda......Nikki gonna be disappointed lol

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord CD5
    Hiya mate! WELCOME to OH. good luck with da civic, m sure u wont disappoint. the only one who might be disappointed here would be Nikki, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FULSIKBOY2C23Q2NT2SXI4U
    only be putting the goood shizzle in dis dizzle, for grizzle mizzle!

Hahaha, thanks for the welcome(s) guys. Pleasure to meet y'all.

I don't know alot about cars really (mechanically), but I've certainly learnt a few things here on OH. I think the biggest mod I'd ever do would be a CAI. But this will have to wait a long time I think.

Definitly this is one of the sites I can't help but checking it 3+ times a day.

oh wow nice work hahaha!!!

married at 21 thats crazy! how long you been married for?

btw just coz i ask people if they are hot doesn't mean i care or ill do anything if they are lol i just find its a good way to break the ice

Hey Nikki,

yeah being married under 25 seems fairly uncommon. We've been married now for almost 11 months and it's going better than I could have hoped for

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to be rude/condescending to ya with that last comment about my apparent 'hotness'. Thought I'd be different from everyone and pre-empt your question :P

haha no its all good! nice to see you read the forums before you post

thats good its all going well does it feel weird having to be all married and stuff when im guessing most of your friends still go t to nightclubs and stuff?

Welcome Mark
    So far today I'm doing OK. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, nasty or selfish.
    I have not complained, cursed, eaten chocolate or spent money.
    Guess I better get out of bed soon.

Hi Mark, great intro. Curious to know what size and style rims you've got planned for the vti?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Hi Mark, great intro. Curious to know what size and style rims you've got planned for the vti?
    Thanks Sensei. I'm not sure about the width or offset choices, but in terms of size I'd be going 16" I think. I read that there's a noticable drop in comfort level with 17s (and the noticable performance hit with larger rims). The car will come with standard 15" steels. Not sure about styles tho, what would look good with a black civic? I'm embarassed to say it, but the bob jane t-mart place has some nice looking rims atm. Obviously I don't know much :P

Quote Originally Posted by angelblue View Post
    Welcome Mark
    THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    haha no its all good! nice to see you read the forums before you post

thats good its all going well does it feel weird having to be all married and stuff when im guessing most of your friends still go t to nightclubs and stuff?

Yeah, but as you can expect life styles have to change when you commit yourself to one person. And with the change of life styles so do your friends. And even though I'm still friends with the same people, I'm finding myself become better friends with other relatively young married couples (25-30yr olds). Which unfortunately means i'm more distant from my uni/school friends.
    Last edited by markCivicVti; 19-08-2007 at 11:17 PM.