wow this is slower than my old d16a8 EG hatch
    i ran 15.1 @89mph
    2.1 60ft

No way dc2r only hitting 72mph
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

What's with all the arrogant replies? I'm asking nicely what's the go. How about we grow up a bit kids. I'm stating the facts and asking nicely for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by code-87 View Post
    m8 ive seen numbers from people who's first run on the strip was 16s or 17s then when they had practiced there car was running 14s.
    so practice makes perfect
    if you do a couple more runs and ur car aint running any better but ur reaction times are good
    mayb get the car tuned n dynoed again
    it would make sense that if ur car has the pwoer claimed then u'd b runnign a bit better, but dyno numbers can be a fair bit out of whack at times.u'd b hoping to pull some good numbers as ur car has a bit down to it so by no means is it a sloucher
    good luck with it
    Thanks. Yeah, honestly I didn't think my first run would be good. And I'm keen to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    114 disney watts? No way a car with that much power would be only getting 72mph.

either you are a super bad driver or your tuner has fooled you with some dodgy dyno numbers.
    No, Last time I checked the dyno graph (which when I get home I'll post a picture of) it said atw kw in 4th, but I'll confirm for you it's not disney watts

FYI All, the hondata install and tuning was done at Springwood by James during the Hondata Mass Group Buy at Advanced Performance Centre (APC) in Springwood. You're in Brisbane barefootbonzai, what's there dyno? Maybe you've had a car on it or can confirm it spits out cheap numbers.

Ironically, I remember reading your post here which said "why do people think a couple more runs are gonna cut a second off". So you're saying I'm a shit driver, which I accept based on it being my first run, but I won't cut a second off?

Quote Originally Posted by xtercii View Post
    i reckon it's either a typo or he remmebered wrong, a leopard can run faster than that...
    Attached is the timeslip. I have good memory, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    most causes of shitty 1/4 are the driver.
    Practice makes perfect NOT MORE MODS
    Thanks. And I completely agree with you. But if you infer what barefootbonzai said in his other post, 1 second which he said couldn't be cut down even with practise, would bring me into the rough expected range. This is one of the reasons why I started this thread, instead of just heading out. Well, Brisbane is raining and will be for another week so I won't get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by _FeRiO_ View Post
    the 114kw is on a hub dyno.
    Umm, no. Dyno graph is coming. And as said above, it was on the Hondata Group Buy a few months back, tuned on APC's Dynos by James. You seriously think a hub dyno would spit out 115 for my engine with mods?

Sorry, my USB cable doesn't work so I'll have to go home and take a digital camera photo of the timeslip.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I think they are just trying to help, you should understand what they trying to say behind their words...

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i reackon u came off your throttle too early
    hence the lower mph speed ?

maybe your Vtec fell off hehehehe

nah serious mate there's something wrong with your time. Give it a few go. Btw what rpm were you launching it @

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    where is the attachment? 72mph is unrealistically low but, maybe 92 for your ET sounds more right...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Each dyno reads differently. Your 115kW cannot be compared to someone elses's DC2 or DC2R run on a different dyno.

Everyone has said, your 72mph number is wrong. 72mph is not a 15.2s trap speed. Why? An Accord Euro which gets 15.8s traps at 91.8mph.

If you are asking for help and advice, you are going to have to be able to accept any criticisms and to think why you have some dodgy numbers.

In my opinion, the device measuring your trap speed was malfunctioning.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Maybe I did come off the throttle to early.

Here's the full dump of the data until I take a pic of the timeslip. Maybe it'll shed some more light on the issue?

Reaction: 1.023
    60ft: 2.346
    330ft: 6.498
    660ft: 9.889
    MPH: 72.42
    KPH: 116.54
    1000ft: 12.770
    ET: 15.215
    MPH: 91.59
    KPH: 147.41
    Over/Under: 15.215

OOOH. I think I've quoted the wrong MPH!! There's two. The bottle MPH is 91.59 which sounds alot closer to what you guys are thinking!

Which brings us back to the original question!

Thanks guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    well there you go buddy, should check before you go jumping to conclusions.

And yes i guaranty you that, even if you had another 100 runs with the same setup you won't cut off a whole second.

I'm assuming you are on real street tyres
    best case senario...

you get a 60ft time of 2.0 which would equate to around 14.6-14.8
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

tats more like it lol Still , room for improvement ! Thats stock DC2 territory.
    So get out and practice more !

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    sounds much better...

looks right now.. just improve your 60ft and your time will drop into high 14's without an issue.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai View Post
    well there you go buddy, should check before you go jumping to conclusions.

And yes i guaranty you that, even if you had another 100 runs with the same setup you won't cut off a whole second.

I'm assuming you are on real street tyres
    best case senario...

you get a 60ft time of 2.0 which would equate to around 14.6-14.8
    Thanks. I wasn't disagreeing with you, just a mishap on my behalf.

Which brings this thread back to the original point.

I think without stretching this out any longer, I'll get my ass down to Willowbank again, get a few more runs and see how we go before I come to my original question of why the car is only good for this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlitZ View Post
    sounds much better...

looks right now.. just improve your 60ft and your time will drop into high 14's without an issue.
    Kinda brings my back to my original question though. A 115kw dyno tuned DC2 with my mods, is expected to run high 14's? I didn't think this was the case?