Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04

How LOW did YOU go....

Hey guys, just wondering for all you Euro owners out there how low did you go.... Ive got 20" and i want to lower my car.... Any suggestions... What would be a good measurement... I dont want it to rub or to be too bump.... Ive heard mix opinions about Springs and coilovers... Im a normal driver... so yeah..the car wont be involve in any track etc... Just wondering where you guys got ur cars lowered...also any prefenrence in brand.... also pricing....

Thanks ALoT!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Where you from by the way???

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I got pedders super low springs, cost $79 per spring (so total $480 including installation)... got it done a Jaxx quickfit, really good guys, did full wheel alignment, tyre balance, and even tyre shined my rubber

it dropped it 1.5" at the front and 1" at the rear... i wouldn'e think youd wanna go too much lower with 20s, otherwise your front wheels will scrap when turning corners...

you can go full coilovers, but only really a benefit if you want lower than 1.5inch, or if you want to improve handling...

heres pic of mine lowered on 18s:

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    Im from Syd??? Hmm.... Ur car looks hot... any more picks? Are those 20's

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    lol nah theyre 18s... and thankyou for the compliment

yeah i got some more pics:

this is pic of my old wheels, still 18s tho

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    Markasia u got any piks....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    hmmm how long ago did u get ur springs... ur the 2nd person to have pedders... Tyrepower Adelaide also have them... Arent those springs call Pedders Sports Ryders.... correct me if im wrong... also.... I got Quoted $600 installed from the local Pedders Store... is that too expensive.... that includes the springs, all the installation, testing, and 40000kms Nationwide warrantee.... hmm.... Im getting ripped cos im a chick arent I?

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The lowest I've dropped was from memory, 55mm or 60mm off the ground, The tyres were right up the guard, not only it was illegal but it was impossible to drive... Raised the car up three times now just to make it legal and easier to drive LOL!

Adammet04 has Pedders on his car too and I think he has no problems with it...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz_II_Die_IV View Post
    hmmm how long ago did u get ur springs... ur the 2nd person to have pedders... Tyrepower Adelaide also have them... Arent those springs call Pedders Sports Ryders.... correct me if im wrong... also.... I got Quoted $600 installed from the local Pedders Store... is that too expensive.... that includes the springs, all the installation, testing, and 40000kms Nationwide warrantee.... hmm.... Im getting ripped cos im a chick arent I?
    lol maybe... yeah theyre called sports ryder, good picking up! but i think super low sounds better (nah really i just got my springs mixed up, super lows are the king springs version)

i couldnt justify spending $2000+ on full coilovers, besides, i didnt want it slammed anyway yeah $600 seems abit high (seeing as jaxx sell all 4 springs for $320 and then $160 labour) but maybe its because of theyre 40000 warranty?

i got them done 3months ago i think, already done canberra to brisbane twice, and a couple of sydney trips, no problems with them, and theyre still a very comfy drive (not stiff or bumpy)

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-S 04
    Does the JAXX supply you warranty? hmm... Im confused? I bet the guy was trying to rort me cos he heard i was a girl? LOL.... MeN... cant live with them, cant live without them!!!! Seems that pedders are the way to go... tho i heard i cant go that low on Pedders right.... I heard it can only go down up to 1.5-2" max... hmm... dont know how that would look on my car.... How bout KMAC and KING SPRINGS... are they worth it? I heard the KMAC ones you can go as low as you want?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EUR003act
    it dropped it 1.5" at the front and 1" at the rear... i wouldn'e think youd wanna go too much lower with 20s, otherwise your front wheels will scrap when turning corners...
    Doesn't matter if they are 16" or 20". It's the width (of the rim and tyre) and offset that determines if your tyres rub when lowered.

My car is lowered 1" using Tein Flex. If you go very low, it's good to change to lowered shocks as well.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    any spring using the stock shock will only go down a maximum 1.5-2inch... king springs are the exact same heights as the pedders ones, im not sure about kmac.

if you wanna go lower youd have to replace shocks as well which will dramatically increase the total price.

jaxx comes with mandatory 3month warranty... i just checked the reciept, they also did a full brakes and suspension safety check...