Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    What do you guys reakon of the new J's racing design?

Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch
    Well apart from looking sexy ( cos they are grey with a J's sticker) They seem to be a very similar design. The locking mechanism looks basically the same. Same bracing underneath just with some funny jagged edges, but that dosnt matter.
    However obviously that brace? between the back two bolt? Would that act like to washers joined together? And help brand and strengthen it?

Im glad you brought up this thread as I have found some great info
    It seems I have done the opposite to many people. After upgrading my sussy ( now have buddyclub N+) and droping my ride height ( no room between guards and rubber ) I am now looking into a camber kit.
    This is because I have got really bad tyre wear. To the point where I have a line of wear almost down to the canvas.

I discovered most of the damage just after buying the car( before the upgrade) as it just had medium kings on KYB shocks.

I assumed it was just badly out of alignment and after a new alignment ( with my upgrade ) it would improve. However they are still wearing at a big rate. .

I duno if I need a camber kit or not…

Sorry for my life story.
    I just have afew questions.
    Earlyer eg5civic asked about adjustable camber top on coilovers... Someone said they pretty much dont do anything ? Are they worth it?

Also, It has been said how easily the camber on ur front wheels can be altered ( run into a kerb or somthing). And thus you get a wheel alignment to fix it. However with a standard set up you cant adjust your camber...

How can you fix / adjust (then they do a wheel alighment ) the camber if its not adjustable...

In reguards to weather i need a camber it or not. According to what has been said. If I have a good alighment ( how do u know if ur getting a good one or not) and the toe is Zero then i shouldnt get any extra wear. However my tyres still wear badly after i had an alighment..... ( havnt checked to see if my sussy or somthing is bent, if thats what ur gonna say)

Finaly. My mate was saying that the bigger rims effects camber and tyre wear. With bigger rims u get smaller profile rubber so the other all Diamiter is the same as stock However the HUB is at a higher position with a larger rim.
    Can anyone explain this better ?

Sorry for my confusing write up
    thanks alot
    -Rep'in-

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    One thing, camber tops on coilovers have absolutely no effect (shouldn't even be available) for most Hondas. The camber on most Hondas is controlled by the Upper Control Arm, coilovers on DC2's are mounted in a fixed position.

Since your tyres are still wearing quite badly after you've had an alignment then I would assume there is a much more dire problem behind the scenes. I'd get another alignment and get the printout for it as well because the previous alignment could have been a dodgy job.

The front wheels can be 'knocked' a bit out of place with a good kerbing but fixing it just means making sure everything is straight and secure, not really 'adjusting' it.

Member Array
    Car:
    B18 EG hatch
    Yeah i know i need a print out. I had one but i cant seem to find it. Ill continue 2 look. cheers

But how and where do they straighten the alighment... Bash the wheel back straight with a hammer ? lol
    There is probably some technical method that is hard 2 explain and i wont understand. But it dosnt make sence :P

anways.
    -Rep'in-

Does anyone use Whiteline parts ?

This is what they offer...

Description: Camber adj kit - uppr c/arm
    Note: 34mm OD bush +/- 1.0 deg

However what confuses me is that their recommended front camber settings are outside their kits range (ie >1 deg of negative camber)

They also have a caster kit

Description: Caster adj kit - lwr c/arm
    Note: adds < +2.5 deg

Here's also an interesting read from Whiteline....

EG Handling Page 1

EG Handling Page 2

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    anyone else used the spc control arms before?

waiting to get some other parts done before i install the arms and get the alignment done
    top nut is specified to be torqued to something like 120ft/lbs and is much thicker than most control arms out there that i've seen

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Don't want to really change topic but still within discussion.
    With adding the Roll Centre Adjusters, of whichever brand, what brands would be good to look at?

I've in previos post the SPC product, but any Australian Distributors?
    I was looking at the Buddy Club one and J's Racing but wanted to see if any others to look at.

As for cambers i got a set of Buddy Club front and Skunk2 for the rears both of which haven't been installed yet. Any feedback on either of these?