Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    Nice rims dude! GL with the sale

nice tips guys...juz hav some query about the F20C. Been to one of the ITR track day in VIC, on the day I've seen 2 s2k(not sure wad year, but looks juz a stock s2k without n e mods) been towed away due to engine failure. So is it the problem more wif the driver or the engine? Coz am thking of getting a 00/01 model s2k soon. So wanna hear wad u guys know about.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Main problem seems to be a loose nut between the driver's seat and the steering wheel.

Engines fine. I guess some ppl see the track, get excited and just push it way past its limits. High RPM mis-shifts or early down shifts probably the most common cause of engine failure (in my experience)

Every engine has its breaking point, and the F20C is not any more sensitive than the next. Ive seen a few B series throw a rod or two in my day, doesnt mean all B series will.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    yea i saw one too. it was the driver fault.

anyways back onto topic.

who wants to inspect a car for me in perth. lol

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    Hey how do u find out if the car has been a repaired writeoff? Is there some register for it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    call up RTA or wherever you are from . and quote them the VIN engine number and rego. they should be able to tell you

Mine's for sale as well hehe pm me if anyone is intrested

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR
    EK4R i'll bet you're after the red S2k or Malenic1981 S2k hehe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City ZX
    i'm looking for the first batch of S2000 but i need to sell off my R32 gts-t first..anyone knows someone that is interested in a skyline?
    please drop me a pm..thanks!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by EK4R View Post
    call up RTA or wherever you are from . and quote them the VIN engine number and rego. they should be able to tell you
    So what happens with repairable write-offs? They can still be sold, insured and registered on the road even if they are considered write-offs??

And if i buy an S2K from another state as i am in VIC, considering i get find out after that the car is a repairable write-off ... am i still able to get it insured and registered in VIC??

Sry for all the questions ... i just feel that since i am making a trip up to sydney to have a look at a few cars i should know all the problems that i may encounter with dodgy sellers of dodgy cars. Thx...

Quote Originally Posted by jcz View Post
    So what happens with repairable write-offs? They can still be sold, insured and registered on the road even if they are considered write-offs??

And if i buy an S2K from another state as i am in VIC, considering i get find out after that the car is a repairable write-off ... am i still able to get it insured and registered in VIC??

Sry for all the questions ... i just feel that since i am making a trip up to sydney to have a look at a few cars i should know all the problems that i may encounter with dodgy sellers of dodgy cars. Thx...
    I've heard that if u buy a repairable write-off car in Vic (juz bcoz I live here), VicRoad will keep an record on their database, so the insurance company would also b informed. therefore, u might not be able to insure the car under maybe RACV or AMMI...plus u always have 2 pay more for it. Anywayz, i guess justcar would insure anyone wif money, and yes of course VicRoad would let u register it since they are getting pay form you ea year.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    SA owner here, i hardly even drive my S2000 anymore, if anyone is happy to make me an offer, ill sell it... think ive driven it 2wice this year