Member Array
    Car:
    180sx

mini-me conversion

Is the only issue with the 96-00 vtec computer (P2P, right?) that you have to install a knock sensor? Because it would make alot more sense to me to use it. Everywhere i read people use the P28, or recommend it but i dont see why, it makes more sense to me to have the P2P and install a knock sensor, if your to run a high compression, whereas changing your IACV, removing 1 o2 sensor and running no knocksensor on a high compression with the P28, or do they like the P28 for its tuning capability opposed to the P2P?

Its really confusing, im trying to get it all together to do a mini-me some time soon, and just can't find all the answers from searches...
    Last edited by 1996ek1; 29-08-2007 at 09:13 PM.

p28 is obd1

ek is obd2

obd1 has more support for aftermarket tuning i.e. hondata..chrome..uberdata etc..

obd2 i believe has knock sensor and 2 o2 sensors one upstream and one downstream...

so if u were to do a mini me conversion u just need to get a d16y8 ecu.. that would be better for your conversion since that is obd2 as well...

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Yea, i know that stuff

You didn't answer my question tho,
    Arnt i better getting the P2P and just intalling a knock sensor, seeing i plan on running high CR anyway ?

And i dont plan on tuning it myself, so is it worth getting OBD1 for its tuning capabilities (hondata, chrome, uberdata). Arn't i better off just getting y8 ecu installing knock sensor and taking it somewhere to get tuned?

But still thanks for replying