Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003

Hardstyle, Hard trance, Hard dance, electro.. best audio equipment?

Hey was wondering if anyone on here loves their hard dance etc and what audio equipment they would recommend for banging sound like i know rnb, rap and hiphop heads like their 15inch subs etc but what about for hardstyle, hard trance and stuff i've listened to it on a few subs and it didnt really sound that good, can anyone recommend some decent speakers maybe that will do the job?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    do u have a given budget or is the sky the limit with this setup?..i dont want to sound like a total ass but thing is that we can recommend any type of components that can cater to what u listen to...we just need a rough fig so we can work around it coz the best audio equip costs heaps ><

just make sure u get some quality amps (alpine,focal, DD, hertz etc)..in ur accord maybe a decent 4ch amp for the internal speakers then a good mono to pump the sub (alpine, DD,etc)

do u ahve a headunit atm or u gonna use the stock headunit with LOC?

speaker wise
    splits in the front (most money shuld be spent here...so id recommend focal, hertz, JL, alpine type R)
    coaxials in the back(~$150 only)
    sub in the boot..id stick with a good 12" sub rather than some crap 15.

the best advice i can give...go to the the actual stores and audtion the speakers themselves...then try and find some cars that ahve that equipment installed in them..coz it is one thing to listen to them on the audition board (position you in the best postion for audio testing) then listening to them in the car
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

To OP.. I know what you mean. I have a couple dj mates up here in Bris..

One plays hard trance/NRG/UK Hard and some gabber.. while the other spins your harder dnb.... jungle if you will.

I love all of it equally but the sound is totally different and I guess a happy medium needs to be acheived .... punchy bass with good response vs no issue if there is a little drone/muddling of the bass for dnb/jungle.

While I'm not heaps cluey on systems... I would have to agree with solitz about the 12" vs 15". I'd consider two 10" also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    yeah i've heard maybe even 10" because it can keep up with bass more or something? my budget would be around $1000 for speakers,amps,sub and around $1000 for headunit because i want a DVD screen head unit

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    12" is way to go... tune it up well!

And some quality 6" splits are needed!
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    no..!
    go 10z
    trust me, iv had 15nz,12z n 10z
    and even the 12z lag with havd nrg beatz???
    i cant stress this enough!!!
    iv u also want volume buy 4 10nz,
    but 2 will give u heaps if u get good brands

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    yeah iam thinking of going with mainly alpine and pioneer mainly because i get really good prices from Ebay America with those brands, so what splits and 6x9's you guys recommend?

i was thinking about these alpine type R for the front two splits http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alpine-Type-R...QQcmdZViewItem
    these for 6x9's http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-TS-D901P...QQcmdZViewItem
    give us some brands, spec's model numbers on an amp to power these bitches up
    Last edited by johnprocter; 30-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    i had a crx with 6 10nz, 5 amps splits ect
    absolute best setup iv ever had/heard

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    lol iam not after something that extreme :P maybe one day

go alpine over pioneer, mate has 2 12" type r subs and i hate sitting in the back seat cause even when its on a low volume level the bass gives me a headache lol and not to mention the type r splits are pretty good for the price
    whats the point in having a signature?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    yeah the 12inch subs dont really keep up with fast bass of hardstyle and hard dance thats why i think i'll spend the extra money on very good splits and 6x9's and an amp (and headunit :P)

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    i love my hard trance. BUBBLE FTW (its a club)

anyway i think people should be more concerned about their midbass kick/installation - instead of the size of a subwoofer - when it comes to choosing a system that 'caters' to dance music. in dance music i find the midbass is more important. any QUALITY 15" should play just as quick as 12s & 10s with the right box, tuning and installation.

consider getting a HU with TA to 'fix' the laggyness between the subwoofer & front stage. with $1000 for the HU alone you'll be able to get that. alpine or eclipse HU's come to mind with that budget. dont think they support dvd playback or dvd mp3 tho.

for the budget, id divide it up something like this:
    $300-400* splits
    $300-400* sub
    $400 amp
    then box+installation by a pro, if u need it. if youre that concerned about laggyness, id get a sealed box. but if u got a few hundred for someone to make a optimum ported box then do that.. of course the type of box will depend on the sub you end up getting.

*i know the budget for speakers, sub & amp is $1000, but u wont need to spend the full $1000 for the HU.. thats why i say 300-400

personally tho id get a HU, splits, a bulk pack of SD to increase my midbass kick/decrease rattles, and a 2 or 4chan amp. then save up and get a monobloc+sub later.. then rear speakers.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat