Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: del sol or eg

del sol or eg

well guys as it says del sol crx or eg civic ???? im totaly torn, ive owned both vehicles an love them both, the crx had vtec an 2 seats which were way comfterbul but the civic was only a gli but my plans are if i get a civic i want to do the b18c type r conversion i really dont know which one too choose so if anyone could help me an give some advice or let me know what u guys think cheers

cant go wrong with the open air driving of a del sol!! I'd swap my integra for one anyday!

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    that depends on how much you value open air top off motoring and practically ie more than 2 seats and space for your stuff.

I have the seats folded down permantly in my EG ie using it as a panel van almost and the space is amazing. In my ED gen 2 CRX it's frustrating at times I can fit much at the back with the shorter wheelbase and the sloping rear windscreen.

With a delsol with the B16A already in it's certainly not slow as it is and a future B18CR conversion would be very simple too. Comes with 262mm front brakes as well.

I'm getting my car converted from D16A8 to B16A2 by fatboyz pretty soon, with A/C and all other bits hooked up properly, with a view to bolt in a B18C or B20V setup down the track when I have the funds to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    well IMO summer is here and i would love to have a drop top crx .. its like a mini s2000 lol b16a2 have potential but an EG with a b18c7 has heaps more potential but i guess u can always put a b18c7 into the crx and get a bit of money selling the b16a2 as well .. hope this helps in your decision

Member Array
    Car:
    Charmander
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamezy View Post
    well IMO summer is here and i would love to have a drop top crx .. its like a mini s2000 lol b16a2 have potential but an EG with a b18c7 has heaps more potential but i guess u can always put a b18c7 into the crx and get a bit of money selling the b16a2 as well .. hope this helps in your decision
    ^agreed But also what are your plans for these two cars? u want pure speed,? a delsol is abit heavier then a EG civic, so if u want a faster car over looks and open air go for the eg, but if u want some open air and dont mind much about speed then go for the crx =]

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    How much extra weight is the Del Sol compared to EG ?
    Extra 100kg ?

u recon the b18c conversion into the crx would but much different to the civic ??

Quote Originally Posted by Jamezy View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    i say go for the EG, i rckn there would be more fun. also in relation to space, more space. incase you sell the EG and u keep the CRX, there are chances of you might start to complain about no space and all that stuff. but yeah, crx are nice,. cruising cars with the top off. b16 has potential but damn man b18 would be a good option too, also it being dropped into an EG, fun for you. =]

but thats just my opinion if i was in your situation, i would recommend that too.
    | S h o o t i n g S t a r |

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    del sol has more appreciation i think due to its rareness and the fact it already has a B16A or greater in some modded cars.
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    the del sol is more pimp.

egs are over done with converts.

do something different

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    del sold looks like a damn toy car, im sorry to say. It's like a toy version of the s2k.. and unless you do it up nicely. the front is ugly as shit.

EG ftw.
    coming soon..

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i dont mind either one..

not baggin on the eg's but the eg's arent much better lookin imo

lol dont get me wrong i like both cars but yeh hahahaha