Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    is there any sort of difference in the vtec's of the r18a and the k20a of the fd2's?
    a huge difference

They are totally different. FD1 being SOHC has the fuel efficient i-vtec implementation. Where as the FD2 is DOHC... so I assume it has the higher revving VTEC kick implementation.

Read up on the R18a, just google R18a review TOV (temple of vtec) - they have a couple of articles on the R18a.

IMO, I don't think anyone should chose the FD2 over the FD1 *just* for the engine... I'd imagine it would be mainly for the different trim. The extra 10kw or so doesn't justify the bigger price. But yeah... it has the leather seats, side curtain air bags etc. So thats all good...
    Last edited by markCivicVti; 16-10-2007 at 09:06 AM.

My car has done only 8000km. Maybe thats why im getting about 450km per tank where everyone gets 500-600km

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic
    ihonestly think shiman drive your car and dont worry about it because personally i own a 7th gen and i got around 600 if i drive like a grandma but then if ifull on thrash it im talking natio runs being a traffic light hero etc which i did out of a full tank i still got around 480 out of it so the next tank i did half half thrashing cruising and i got about 550 so i wouldnt worry about it too much man i dont know about you but i buy a car and i want to enjoy it not go estatic over my trip metre if it hits 600 or so.