Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    a lot of things can be taken into account, weather for example because ur car uses a lot of petrol when starting up while cold. If its warmer then it wont take as long to warm up.

Other things like which fuel u actually use. You will in most cases get better milage out of 95 ron than standard 92 ron unleaded.

For me, fuel makes a big difference. i usually get 400-450 kays out of my DC5R (yes different car but its still 50lt) but if i use certain petrol (caltex 98) i can get it to 500-550 without too much troubles (and that includes vtec and some heavy throttle)

a guy at work owns an 07 civic vti and he gets betwen 500-600 kays from his car and i tell u now, he DOES drive like a grandma but he also takes a lot of care and the car is always garaged (weather, engine doesnt get quite as cold).

Check your tyre pressure if you're worried so much and maybe get a wheel alignment as well and dont forget, an intake mod will most of the time increase your fuel consumption unless its tuned to use it efficiently!
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.

well my fd2 is a manual and ive done about 1600 kays now but is only doing 440per tank... jst seems kind of low... ive been driving like a grandma for about 3wks now, trying not to exceed 3000rpm while runnng it in...would of at least expected 480km with ct driving at least... jst doesnt seem normal

come to think of it... my friends car is a 06 fd2 which has a higher profile tire than the 07s maybe that has something to do with the difference in fuel consumption. i've been using bp 98 for each tank... i take it that for 215/45/17 that u still hav tires pumped to about 32psi?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    trying not to exceed 3k rpm is ok but u gotta be careful. low rpm is good when ur on a flat or down a hill but it can make u use more power if going up hills. and with tyres i dunno, i have mine at 35psi. Also just remember that an engine doesnt work the best it can when its still being run-in. Usually from my experience, it takes until about the 10,000 mark to make the car perform at its best.
    Last edited by didz; 03-09-2007 at 12:39 AM.
    Current holder of the Win folder.

Now taking people for lessons on how to win.

yes. taken all those factors into consideration - 98 octane, under 3000 rpm, use hills etc. I still find 600km per tank is unbelievable. Hitting 500km for me is impossible. Maybe my car is still new, not 10,000km yet. But then again, another 150km per tank is still impossible. I average to get about 25km per block (on the petrol gauge), which is about 10L/100km.

Jace... are you on a Manual?
    Shimian, I'm on a Auto VTI-L and I do less than you, about 420-450km before the light comes on... but I do more city than highway.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhui01 View Post
    Jace... are you on a Manual?
    Shimian, I'm on a Auto VTI-L and I do less than you, about 420-450km before the light comes on... but I do more city than highway.
    Thats my average 420-450km - 50/50 city/highway - 50/50 grandma/VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    serously guys thats REALLY bad... 600 K is really easy in mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMVTEC View Post
    500ks from a tank would be almost impossible for the automatic unless if you were purely restricted to highway driving.

Best ive gotten is like 450 max.

since yours is fd2 I think you should be happy youre getting even 430.
    Sorry to inform you but i have had a 2006 VTI auto for 13 1/2 months now and travelled almost 26,000km. I have never had the low fuel warning lilight come on under 590km, 600 to 610 is normal. Very little highway driving....mostly secondary rural roads with some light town driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    For those of you who might be interested........

I am off to Sydney shortly, so i will be able to inform everyone how far the current model civic 1.8 ltr Auto can go on 1 tank of fuel as well as the best, worst and everage fuel consumption. As the round trip will be between 3,500 and 4,000 km i will be able to gauge very accurate figures and to be honest i will be disappointed it the average is over 6L/100km

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I personally think the fuel consumption issue is caused by the way the consumption figures are advertised. While it is possible to achieve the advertised figures it is impossible when driving in the city. If you look at the Honda United Kingdom site you will see they advertise seperate figures for city and highway. Here are there advertised figures for the 1.8 ltr engine.......
    Manual......City = 8.2L / 100km.......highway = 5.4L / 100km........................
    Auto.........City = 9.0L / 100km.......highway = 5.4L / 100km........................
    Type R......City = 12.7L / 100km......highway = 7.0L /100km.........................
    From reading this site the city figures seem much closer to what most people are achieving, as for highway figures i will know soon

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    whats the point of ivtec if your driving to milk out 500km+/tank?

And if your getting 600km/tank..........fark me you just run alot of red lights

jk!!.

We've never gotten the car over 470km.......down to the last breath of 98 octane.