Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    I have just filled my Civic (VTi-L/Auto) for the first time since I picked it up.

I had done 405kms on 38 litres of fuel (unknown RON, probably 91 as it was filled by dealer). That would equate to around 530 kms per 50 litres. Not a bad figure considering it is still being "run in". I do mainly city driving, with some freeway travel as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    whats the point of ivtec if your driving to milk out 500km+/tank?

And if your getting 600km/tank..........fark me you just run alot of red lights

jk!!.

We've never gotten the car over 470km.......down to the last breath of 98 octane.
    In the Case of the VTEC design on the R18 A engine fitted to the current model Civic. the VTEC system is doing exactly what it was designed to do and that is give great ecconomy.

And as for 600km per tank goes......that has easily been surpassed yesterday......Try low fuel light coming on at 660km & 44.4 liters for 708km...
    i will inform everyone of my findings and thoughts regarding ecconomy with this car when i get back home. Somw quite interesting findings......

wow, everyone getting so high fuel consumption. I must have gotten myself a lemon

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    wow, everyone getting so high fuel consumption. I must have gotten myself a lemon

We've had two civic sports now and they both did the same sort of fuel mileage. Must be a Vti or auto box thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    We've had two civic sports now and they both did the same sort of fuel mileage. Must be a Vti or auto box thing.
    well its a VTI thing not auto box thing cos i drive an auto. Maybe VTI get higher mileage than Sport models? I just filled up my tank from red light and driving like a grandma. Ive hit half way on the tank and i have about 240km. Looks like ill be getting about 480km again. Beats me how anyone can get 600km. With this run, im not going over 3k rpm and letting car roll down hills. Maybe next run i will try using 91 ron

Of course the vti will be more economic... considering it's a 1.8 ltr not a 2ltr like the sports. But the difference shouldn't be huge.

But yeah your (shimian) consumption is close to 10ltr/100 which is just far too high for the civic fd2... are you doing mainly city driving? That would have a pretty big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    Of course the vti will be more economic... considering it's a 1.8 ltr not a 2ltr like the sports. But the difference shouldn't be huge.

But yeah your (shimian) consumption is close to 10ltr/100 which is just far too high for the civic fd2... are you doing mainly city driving? That would have a pretty big impact.
    480km is not far too high. This is grandma styles. My usual consumption as mentioned before is about 420-450km - 50/50 city/highway - 50/50 grandma/VTEC.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    480km is not far too high. This is grandma styles. My usual consumption as mentioned before is about 420-450km - 50/50 city/highway - 50/50 grandma/VTEC.
    Grandma style.....I always run 6 to 8 kph above whatever speed limit is posted........i dont want any surprises from hidden cameras, so if that is grandma driving i will xxxxxxxxxx

when i say grandma styles, i dont mean i travel ultra slow. it means i dont rev hard. My take off is very gradual and not going above 3000rpm, trying to stay around 2000rpm. Pretty much 0% heavy footed, 0% not hitting vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I have just completed a return trip to sydney, a total distance of 3,084km in 7 days. Overall the fuel consumption was very impressive and my findings tell me the VTEC system works exactly as it is described (to my understanding of it). The bottom line is fuel consumption is very much controlled by the speed driven at. My understanding of the IVTEC system on the R18A engine is that it is most efficient in the 90 to 110 KPH range & i found this to be completely accurate. My findings were this.....eg; with the majority of cruising @ 108KPH on cruise control i returned a figure of 6.28L/100km, however if you increase that to 118 KPH, again on cruise control for extended periods the average fuel consumption increases to 6.55L/100KM. But the real eye opener for me was having the wife drive for a period of time (on P plates), therefore the Cruise control set @ 101KPH, followed by 400kms of night driving on Kangaroo infested roads where i had the cruise control set @ 90kph (I did not want to put a roo through the radiator so if u want to call it grandpa driving i will accept that) I got my best consumption figures for the trip......577km / 33.45L
    and that equates to 5.8L/100km. One other thing i would like to mention is that from Maitland to Campbelltown, 2 days of city driving and back to Maitland i averaged 7.19L/100km, exactly as advertised for the VTI. Overall figures for the trip....3,084km / 199.79L = 6.48L/100km...............................
    Please note that these figures could never be expected in the Civic sport with the 2.0 liter engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I think people shopuld uderstand the design principles of the IVTEC system on the R18A engine

Member Array
    Car:
    Ex 07 Civic Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post
    I have just filled my Civic (VTi-L/Auto) for the first time since I picked it up.

I had done 405kms on 38 litres of fuel (unknown RON, probably 91 as it was filled by dealer). That would equate to around 530 kms per 50 litres. Not a bad figure considering it is still being "run in". I do mainly city driving, with some freeway travel as well.
    Just filled up for the 2nd time. Using Mobil 2000 (91 RON) I did 452.6 kms on 35.49 litres = 7.84 L/100km. (~640kms per full tank). I am happy so far. It will be interesting to see what economy figures I get once the engine is working at its peak, and using different fuel (BP, Shell, 95 RON, 98 RON).