Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ITR header vs Xforce header

Hey guys,
    In the market for a set of more free flowing headers
    2.25" would be ideal I believe and also 4-2-1 design.
    Anyways, alot of people here say things like Xforce is bang for ur buck and others say the same about the ITR header.

Question is is it worth it to to just get a 2nd hand ITR header? Since it's cheaper and if it does the same thing then y not?
    Or would I benefit more from a brand new Xforce header?

Another question is which one is heavier? I think I read somewhere that the ITR is alot heavier than aftermarket ones but then again compared to Xforce (which isn't really top notch stuff) I really don't know.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Banned Array
    Car:
    EH9
    firstly, heres sumthing to look at.. not exactly related to your question but should help coz its a huge source of information about all kindah headers etc
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25944

cant answer about the ITR headers, coz i own a civic but i still hope the above link helped... also a little search wouldnt hurt yah either

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    dpends if it's the australia type r header
    or the japanese type r header.

Kazam,
    Thanx buddy, I've read that post before and no one seems to be able to answer my question exactly. So I was just throwing it out there and see what people thought with a specific question.

destrukshn.
    how about if it's a JDM 4-2-1 header? (I'm guessing they're better than AUDM ?)

Member Array
    Car:
    Rang Mobile
    id go the xforce for warrenty reasons,
    u dont know how many km's have been driven on the JDM ones.

JDM came out in 4-1 in the ITR so theres no such thing as 4-2-1

Quote Originally Posted by 94dc2tegz View Post

how about if it's a JDM 4-2-1 header? (I'm guessing they're better than AUDM ?)
    Im pretty sure that the JDM headers only come in 4-1 design.
    so if your keen on only 4-2-1 then go the x-force.

OK been going over the old stuff again (duno how many times i've read this stuff) but i guess it only makes more sense now after reading so much more than b4 when I had no clue at all.

I've concluded that xforce are better than ITR OEM ones (from what I can infer)
    but not a significant or noticeable difference (i assume)
    therefore going form ITR -> xforce = waste of money
    but
    VTiR -> xforce is
    anyways, cutting to the chase
    I've decided that 5zigen is the way to go because the middle ground is always a better place to be rather than feeling a slight gain and much regret later down the track with all these "if onlys" plaguing my mind.

Yea I know it's kinda retarded that I am answering my own question in a sense but obviously i am not the final word. I could be wrong and please feel free to correct me or even point me in a better direction for my purposes (obviously dont just go TODA FTW) but thanx for ppl who have read and replied already.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 R 1999
    iv replace my dc2r headers to a 4-2-1 xforce, the flow was better and smooth its better than the stock dc2r headers, when u get thos standard 2nd hand stock headers u dont know how much its been used already and for sure its rusted and scratched unlike the xforce 421 brand new and as INT3GRA-T said u also get warranty

Hey typerinside,
    where did u go to install ur header?
    I don't know where to find good shops.
    I had spoken to the auto xcess for a coupla quotes on full xforce stuff but wen I asked about bringing my own stuff (eg i'll provivde twin loop) he got all shitty and said "honestly that pisses me off"

I was a bit taken back... is this normal or is it a W-T-F?
    I think it's kinda wtf in hindsight as I'm paying u to do a job 4 me? wat does it matter where my stuff comes from? I'm still buying ur products. Anyways, share ur thoughts guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    jdm 96+ spec header is 4-2-1.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    I did consider the same for our dc2r the 5zigen headers b4 going for the toda's. Saw the 5zigen at a shop, beautifully finished definately a few notches up from the xforce in terms of finishing. But I've been told by the shop that it hangs pretty low ( only a prob if you lower your car a lot ). At the end I went for the Toda's when they had the group buy on in July.

As for the BYO xforce, my local exhaust shop who I know quite well would have been pissed off too.......

It's not only the labour they charge you they make $ on, it's the markup they get to charge on the hardware and also the credit terms ( say 30-60days ) they receive from the maufacturer/distributer. And for the shops to sing praises about a product, margin and credit terms has a LOT to do with it. No different walking into a tyreshop asking for one particular tyre and they bag the tyre and sell you their fav brands instead.

while you can buy xforce twin loop muffler from this forum new for $200 or so their rrp is more like $300-350.