Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DA9::.

Question da9 stock spring rates?.+ suspension upgrade in general?

Hey guys, does anyone know the stock spring rates of a Da9 Integra?

I can get custom industrial made springs reasonably cheap, and i am wondering what spring rates to run on the street, also what reccomendations for shock absorbers to run. Im thinking i'll probably double the stock spring rate with around a 2" maybe 2.5" drop front and around 3" rear.
    Not after coilovers. Will be looking at changing LCA's and probably toe in etc. whilst doing it so any help/ reccomendations on parts for this would be appreciated also.

Cheers, Reece

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    bump.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    bump.
    no one knows the stock spring rates of a da9 integra?
    anyone know where to find them?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    bump.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    No ideas?

To be perfectly honest, you're best off measuring it yourself. The range of values out there are so great you can never know who to believe.

I've never measured myself but i'm sure that with a 30cm ruler, a few weight plates and a bit of time and you could come up with something more than accurate enough.

If you are serious about handling though, you might not want to keep the same front:rear roll stiffness ratio as stock (which from memory is just based on weight distribution). Search honda-tech.com for plenty of arguments for a heavily rear biased FWD setup. (i.e. doubling standard rates will still leave you with far more understeer than i'm assuming you want).

Also, be careful about lowering. Lowering does lots of funny things to suspension geometry, aswell as greatly reducing suspension travel. Double stock spring rates is still relatively soft, and reducing wheel travel by 2.5"-3" is going to take it's toll on standard length dampers.
    Last edited by string; 07-09-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    thanks string, i have actually noticed that in a lot of fwd setups they have a rear biased suspension setup. I will definitely check out honda-tech.com for some details. and yes, i want to reduce understeer.
    Where you mentioned standard length dampers, how much do different brands etc. vary in length and damper rates etc. to be honest i have done no homework as to the shocker side of things only the springs....

I was having a good read of the thread with the whiteline rep, discussing spring rates and swaybar combinations (together with lots of other factors, toe, camber etc.) and i found that with a bigger swaybar(s) this will help reduce the spring rate needed, which will help improve traction.
    Let me know if i'm steering down the wrong track but just been trying to gain some knowledge about this whole suspension bizzo in general, just learning.

Cheers, Reece

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    off topic but is that ur da9 in ur display?
    '96 EK4 > '99 EM1 > '06 GD3 > '04 CL9 > '00 DC2R > '99 EM1!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    i wish. thats a jdm dc2.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    bump. would still like to know da9 stock spring rates if anyone knows??

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    dont know the exact rate but they should be around 2.2kg/mm at the front and 1.6kg/mm at the rear.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    i researched this when i was getting my springs rates.. i think i found the answer on g2ic.com
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD