Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I thought they were 10kg front and 5kg rear.
    but that's from the top of my head, I could be wrong.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM DA9::.
    found it on g2ic.com, was 263 lb/in F, 143 lb/in R . How is that calculated in kg/mm? or can someone please tell me what it is. Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_51 View Post
    I thought they were 10kg front and 5kg rear.
    but that's from the top of my head, I could be wrong.
    LOL. no those are very stiff rates, definately not.

converting to kg/mm is pretty easy, look up a unit converter online, you dont need us to do it for you

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by *2HOT4U* View Post
    found it on g2ic.com, was 263 lb/in F, 143 lb/in R . How is that calculated in kg/mm? or can someone please tell me what it is. Cheers
    o_0, isnt that like 5kg/mm at the front and 3kg/mm at the rear? that seems a little too stiff to be factory rates. thats like stiffer than half the aftermarket springs.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Yeah I thought it was a little less than that, close to the 4/3 mark, but remember that they are progressive front and rear from the factory.

Many aftermarket springs just simply aren't stiff. You just can't have super stiff springs and a super comfortable ride, which is a bit compromise in the mass market of coilovers.

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a little less than that, close to the 4/3 mark, but remember that they are progressive front and rear from the factory.

Many aftermarket springs just simply aren't stiff. You just can't have super stiff springs and a super comfortable ride, which is a bit compromise in the mass market of coilovers.
    haha, 5kg/mm is slightly stiffer than tein springs, which is pretty darn stiff.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Yes so? A stock DA9 spring might not reach 5kg/mm until it has nearly binded. And sorry, 5kg/mm on a honda double wishbone is NOT stiff.