Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS

Turbo brand new motor

I have a B18B motor which has only done approximately 12,000kms, it is absolutely brand new, and i am looking to turbo it. I will be installing the motor into a da9 integra, running OBD-0.

Now my questions are,
    1. Should i go with a t25 turbo or a t3/t4 turbo? My goal is to have a fast, fun and nice to drive car. No crazy wheel spin problems or massive HP!

2. Would i be able to run turboEdit without any problems on a chipped obd-0 ecu? Also, are there any tuners in melbourne who are familiar with this program?

3. Is 9psi too much for a stock motor? I do not want to overdo it as this is my daily driver. And i am willing to get it tuned as best as i can to protect the motor.

4. Should i go with 440cc injectors for this setup or not? What is the optimum injector size for my needs?

If anyone has any info or any better ideas on ecu management or setups i would greatly value your responses

Thanks guys

I'd be going something larger than a t25.

Not too sure how much a stock B motor can handle, but I'd say 8 or 9 should be fine with a proper tune.
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

refer to DL001's thread.

His motor has only done about the same amount as yours and its been done using quality parts. Its a safe, reliable and proven setup.

Yeah good advice - Dean's a turbo warrior.
    The CSS Gallery List - Website Submission Made Easier

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    B18B's are good for 9psi stock - jst get a good tune.

I'd run a t3/t4 turbo,
    I did in my car and i thought that it suited daily driving quite well.
    It was fast when i needed it to be, and it was subtle, relatively quiet, and easy to drive as a daily.

I was running 660cc injectors in mine, but ive read a few cases where 440 is fine and produces good power pending on the tune.

Regardin the management, i used a Microtech LT8 - not too bad, but i did have issues with the cold start.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    60-POV
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    I have a B18B motor which has only done approximately 12,000kms, it is absolutely brand new, and i am looking to turbo it. I will be installing the motor into a da9 integra, running OBD-0.

Now my questions are,
    1. Should i go with a t25 turbo or a t3/t4 turbo? My goal is to have a fast, fun and nice to drive car. No crazy wheel spin problems or massive HP!

2. Would i be able to run turboEdit without any problems on a chipped obd-0 ecu? Also, are there any tuners in melbourne who are familiar with this program?

3. Is 9psi too much for a stock motor? I do not want to overdo it as this is my daily driver. And i am willing to get it tuned as best as i can to protect the motor.

4. Should i go with 440cc injectors for this setup or not? What is the optimum injector size for my needs?

If anyone has any info or any better ideas on ecu management or setups i would greatly value your responses

Thanks guys

I wouldn't go any smaller then a GT28. So out those 2 turbos i would go the T3/T4. 9psi will be fine as long as it has a good tune and 440 will be more then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    B18B's are good for 9psi stock - jst get a good tune.

I'd run a t3/t4 turbo,
    I did in my car and i thought that it suited daily driving quite well.
    It was fast when i needed it to be, and it was subtle, relatively quiet, and easy to drive as a daily.

I was running 660cc injectors in mine, but ive read a few cases where 440 is fine and produces good power pending on the tune.

Regardin the management, i used a Microtech LT8 - not too bad, but i did have issues with the cold start.
    what rpm does full boost kick in for you?

with the t3/t4