Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Pinging

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.

Jazz Pinging

Ive got an 05 vtis cvt (25,000km's), and I've noticed "pinging" from the engine a few times lately when driving under load up moderate hills etc. You have to turn the stereo off and listen well, but its definitely the motor having a good ping. Im only using regular unleaded, but don't feel the Jazz should be pinging on regular unleaded seeing that its recommended. Anyone else notice this?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    To really diagnose, try putting 1/2 a tank of 95 RON or 98 RON and see if the pinging stops. If it does, then it is the fault of the petrol that you put in, it could have been bad fuel.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    It gets driven normaly, not like a granny. I often give it a good rev in paddle shift mode. With only 25k, it shouldn't have carbonised combustion chambers. Its not a bad batch of fuel either, as I've noticed it over a period of months (you have to listen real carefully, but it's there), I always use shell fuel (not the no name brand fuel). It gets fuel injector cleaner regularly as well. It sucks. I reckon all Jazz owners should turn down the stereo, head for a decent hill or incline, and have a good listen. May have to go to high octane

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try Caltex and see if it helps.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

stop using injector cleaner all the time and only use 98 ron petrol.

it'll be cleaner and safer and your injectors will be fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti Turbo
    You say Honda recommend the Jazz runs on regular ULP. Its probably not recommended that you drive your car up hills under moderate/full load..

If you want to drive with regular ULP you should drive it like a regular grandma

Edit: And for the little difference in price why would you bother running regular?
    Last edited by KummaZ; 06-09-2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: :)

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    thats pretty worrying, doesnt the jazz have a knock sensor to knock back timimg for lower grade fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Definitely not injector sound. I know the difference between the clicking sound of injectors and the metallic "crackling" sound of an engine that's pinging. Anyway, I'll try higher octane fuel as a personal experiment, but I think that it could be a problem with Jazz's, but people may not have a good ear mechanically to pick up on the problem. Either way, if I can't eliminate the pinging then I'll eliminate the Jazz on the second hand car market.

stop using injector cleaner as well.

its probably reudcing the octane level of the petrol. your injecters shouldn't need to be cleaned "regularly" especially when its under 100,000 k's.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    use 95rom or adjust your timming

you also shouldn't need to do it to a jazz that is new and standard. problems like that should be sorted from factory.

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    No way on a standard Jazz to "adjust the timing".
    lol my bad i am use to b series with timing belt