Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jazz Pinging

Condo,
    Mine is a Gli 1.3 with manual tranny. So definitely not the CVT. Any ideas?

Claymore,
    To be honest i have not driven the car 'hard' yet. It does not mean i drive 'slow'. The average rev i use is 3 grand.

Regarding the gear changes, i am sure i am ok with that. I usually change gears at around 2.5 to 3 on the tacho. The pinging usually happens the moment i cluctch out and accelerate.

It also does it say when i am on the freeway hovering at around 100.

Definitely more obvious on hot days. Sometimes i could be on 3 rd gear, lift up on teh gas and the moment i press on the gas again, that moment it pings...

Does that give you any more thoughts

Claymore,
    Yeah it is I-DSI.

It also turns out that 90% going back and forth from work is on a 60km/hr road (around 1.5grand on the tacho i think), almost 500kms per week.

Claymore,
    Thank you very much. Yes this is my plan. Actually waiting for a hot day. We we expecting mid 30's in the last couple of days and got very 'excited' in the sense i was sure then i would be able to replicate the problem easily at the dealer, but the hot days never happened. This week should give it a go.

or u caould try nulon total fuel clearner.. and use bp ultimate for 1-2weeks just to let the car settledown on fuel... it works on all my mates auto & manual..
    hope that helps

I finally managed to take my pinging Jazz to the dealership on a hot day. And they confirmed the pinging. Howver they could not put it down to any particular reason. They have asked me to run some PULP ( from MObil) and straight away the pinging stopped.
    I am not sure now what the next step will be. Will call the dealership tomorrow.
    I don't want to use PULP all the time as the reason i bought the JAzz was fuel consumption with Regular unleaded.
    I will keep you posted

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by smhee1 View Post
    I finally managed to take my pinging Jazz to the dealership on a hot day. And they confirmed the pinging. Howver they could not put it down to any particular reason. They have asked me to run some PULP ( from MObil) and straight away the pinging stopped.
    I am not sure now what the next step will be. Will call the dealership tomorrow.
    I don't want to use PULP all the time as the reason i bought the JAzz was fuel consumption with Regular unleaded.
    I will keep you posted
    Hey mate:

You hear anything from the dealer yet? I have similar issue with my wife's Jazz, but no time to bring it back to the offical dealer, but I am pertty sure they can't (or won't) do anything anyway.
    I try to fill PULP the other day, pinging seems gone, but still can hear couple of times and getting less and less. I bet the computer needs to adjust time by time and finally all disappear, therefore the pinging getting less & less. I applied this rule from subaru's car which known it from my friend (he is subaru mechanic).
    What do you think? true or not?

Yakuza,
    Sorry being away for a while. It has been cold the last few months and the pinging has gone away, for now anyway. So mine is related to the heat. My dealership in trying to be proactive has decided to change my oxygen sensor. So we'll see what happens

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTiS GD3
    I use 95 or better in my GD3 and don't have the problem - I experienced this with my '91 Civic and the switch from ULP to 95 or 98 worked a treat on that little beast too.