Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord euro

Coilovers - Buddy Club N+ vs Tein Type Flex

hey can anyone with experience give a comparison of these coilovers for a euro..
    eg. handling, body roll, bumpiness, quality etc... thanks =)

- buddy club n+ coilovers

- tein type flex
    [ CL◦701 ]

THROTTLE HAPPY

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    do a search, this been covered before with buddyclub vs tein ss vs tein flex
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    N+ = 12 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
    Flex = 10 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear

Both come with an upper pillowball mount, both come with an adjustable lower mount, both are damper adjustable. The Flex is teflon coated, not sure about the N+. The Flex's pillowball mount doesn't last long though and will need a rebuilt or replacement every few years. If you don't replace them, you get a knocking sound when going over irregular surfaces (bumps are fine).

What you want to find out, the bumpiness, body roll and handling can all be adjusted based on the spring and damper rates. Alternatively, the Mono Flex has microvalving and a monotube design, which is better for low speed bumps as well.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Here's a review on the Buddy Club unit...
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67615
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

buddy club n+ is good...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    i wanna get these coilovers
    where is the cheapest place to get them in Vic?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    N+ = 12 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
    Flex = 10 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear

Both come with an upper pillowball mount, both come with an adjustable lower mount, both are damper adjustable. The Flex is teflon coated, not sure about the N+. The Flex's pillowball mount doesn't last long though and will need a rebuilt or replacement every few years. If you don't replace them, you get a knocking sound when going over irregular surfaces (bumps are fine).

What you want to find out, the bumpiness, body roll and handling can all be adjusted based on the spring and damper rates. Alternatively, the Mono Flex has microvalving and a monotube design, which is better for low speed bumps as well.

THe N+ is urethane pillowball, monotube, dunno if it's microvalving or not, had heard that Tein incur noise when goes over bump, is it truth - y is that - anyway to get rid of its ?

will the n+ be getting same problem? try to find out this for a while,

just a noob question, what's bodyroll? what do u meant by that?

lastly damper adjustable, is that same thing as camber kits? which allow to adjust camber rate? or u'll need additional front - rear camber kits ? friends said n+ - k'sports already come with front camber adjustability but might need to seek for rear camber kits, is this statement truth ???

PLS someone lead me the way to the correct - most suitable coilover for me [had done alots of research on this, but just some questions i ain't clear about its, thankz]
    JUST A NOOB WHO LIKED TO LEARNT

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by oat.iphone View Post
    THe N+ is urethane pillowball, monotube, dunno if it's microvalving or not, had heard that Tein incur noise when goes over bump, is it truth - y is that - anyway to get rid of its ?

will the n+ be getting same problem? try to find out this for a while,
    The pillowball mounts will eventually make noise. Same for Tein, same for N+.

just a noob question, what's bodyroll? what do u meant by that?
    Means the body of the car leans to side when you corner hard.

lastly damper adjustable, is that same thing as camber kits? which allow to adjust camber rate? or u'll need additional front - rear camber kits ? friends said n+ - k'sports already come with front camber adjustability but might need to seek for rear camber kits, is this statement truth ???
    Damper is the part of the shock that absorbs the movement when you go over bumps. It is different to camber.

You won't have front camber adjustability with the Euro. That feature is only available on the DC5R because of the suspension design (Macpherson strut).

And yes, you should get a rear camber kit because it changes very drastically as you lower the car The front camber kit is optional because front camber doesn't change much when you lower the Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    rofl ig30 if you ever want to feel what tein monoflex or N+ just ask one of us or come to one of the euro m33ts in the future.

i can vouch that tein SS and BC N+ are more comfy then tein MFP.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The pillowball mounts will eventually make noise. Same for Tein, same for N+.

Means the body of the car leans to side when you corner hard.

Damper is the part of the shock that absorbs the movement when you go over bumps. It is different to camber.

You won't have front camber adjustability with the Euro. That feature is only available on the DC5R because of the suspension design (Macpherson strut).

And yes, you should get a rear camber kit because it changes very drastically as you lower the car The front camber kit is optional because front camber doesn't change much when you lower the Euro.

oh, i'd got that on mine too when i corner hard sometime on stockie, so once lower the car, this problem will occur right? anyway to prevent its right eg. strut bar or sway bar?

so u r saying when lower the car, the front camber rate wont change much but the rear will, hence will need to buy rear camber kits? am i correct? correct me plsz

what does it meant by damper adjustable ? is that something like spring rate? eg. 10 front n 7 rear seem to be the most comfy setting for euro, am i right?

many thankz

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    oh, i'd got that on mine too when i corner hard sometime on stockie, so once lower the car, this problem will occur right? anyway to prevent its right eg. strut bar or sway bar?
    You can use a stiffer sway bar to reduce bodyroll.

so u r saying when lower the car, the front camber rate wont change much but the rear will, hence will need to buy rear camber kits? am i correct? correct me plsz
    That's right

what does it meant by damper adjustable ? is that something like spring rate? eg. 10 front n 7 rear seem to be the most comfy setting for euro, am i right?
    It is different to spring rate, but it does affect comfort and some degree of stiffness

many thankz[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=aaronng;2187923]The pillowball mounts will eventually make noise. Same for Tein, same for N+.

so is it better off without pillowball mount? therefore it wont cost any noise but had read thread said, the coilover will need pillowball no matter what eg. tein basic n SS doesnt come with upper pillowball mount hence have to remove from stockie to add on

what kinda noise does it make n is it loud like noticable? also it occur on just when goes over bump or just all time while riding the car

thankz