Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic

ED6 intake box thingy?

for those with an ED6-ish civic, whats that black box thingy at the tip of the intake. not talking about the carb end, but the intake end, theres like a black box underneath the inlet hose of the CAI, and as far as i know, it serves no real purpose. anyone know whats it for? as far as i know, it might be an intake muffler/resonator, but just need to make sure before i remove it.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitty Rail
    yeah, its supposed to be for cold air ... stupid really...i took mine off and hosed it to the front of the car...only 3 bolts to remove it...
    it gives u more room aswell if u wanna install hid's

i'll take pics tonight if u want...

Member Array
    Behind the wheel of my car, cruising the hills of adelaide
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian View Post
    yeah, its supposed to be for cold air ... stupid really...i took mine off and hosed it to the front of the car...only 3 bolts to remove it...
    it gives u more room aswell if u wanna install hid's

i'll take pics tonight if u want...
    thats the thing i dont get, why is it for cold air if theres nothing connecting it to exposed air? i may just connect a hose to it and aim it at the front.

thanks for the info!

only thing i can think of for that box is storing air should the intake ever bottom out at the top end of the rev range. kinda like an air bank. but even then, its not as useful as two exposed intake hoses.
    Last edited by SeverAMV; 06-09-2007 at 03:32 PM.
    Current Performance Modifications to ED6:
    not telling, but it involves a semi-quad carb setup, and lots and lots of compression.

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitty Rail
    Quote Originally Posted by SeverAMV View Post
    thats the thing i dont get, why is it for cold air if theres nothing connecting it to exposed air? i may just connect a hose to it and aim it at the front.

thanks for the info!

only thing i can think of for that box is storing air should the intake ever bottom out at the top end of the rev range. kinda like an air bank. but even then, its not as useful as two exposed intake hoses.
    yeah, i was hesitant to remove it at first but when i replaced the battery i noticed that it didnt connect to anything...

i got one of those flexi hoses from supa cheap and pointed it out front...and the hose connecting to the box, i used a smaller hose and connected it out front aswell...