Member Array
    Car:
    EG3

Endless CCX pads

anyone running Endless CCX pads in there cars on roads? I recently installed some and I get a squeal from them, wondering if it's the material they use or the fact or the problem lies with the anti-squeal plate. regardless I have to take them out again and apply anti-squeal compound to all four but just wondering if anyone has problems with noise under braking with the pads.
    cheers guys
    Why hello there

hi.

i've been running them with slotted discs for almost 12 months now and they're fine. no noises or anything.

slightly less braking power when cold (and definately before they're bedded in) but a few normal stops and they're all good.

i didn't need to apply anti-squeel or anything. just swaped them out at the same time as the discs.

Did you swap discs?? or just get the standard ones machined??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    no the discs I had were fine, within spec no lipping. I just swapped the OEM with the CCX and had brake squeal mainly 40km/h It still needs bedding in but it sounds so horrid, worst squeal is when coming to a complete stop <20km/h.
    Why hello there

i've never had such harsh pads on standard discs but i'm sure it shouldn't be making that sound (unless theres something already caught between the disc and pad faces.)

probably best off the re-check them and apply some antisqueel. i didn't use any shims or anything in my install.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    i've never had such harsh pads on standard discs but i'm sure it shouldn't be making that sound (unless theres something already caught between the disc and pad faces.)

probably best off the re-check them and apply some antisqueel. i didn't use any shims or anything in my install.
    I love ****ing around with brembo pads and a small garage I'm gonna drown the squeal with a shit load of anti squeal and wipe the surface clean, hopefully it'll be gone by then. cheers for the info rep to youuuuuu
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    bump need assistance as to why the **** they are squealing!!!
    CAR INFORMATION:
    EVO 7 GT-A (AUTOMATIC POS, SLOW AS **** DISGRACE!!!)
    Front and rear Brembo's (pretty sure everyone knows how many pistons it has)
    Pads: FRONT ENDLESS CC-X (Approved for street and track)
    REARS ENDLESS OEM REPLACEMENTS
    ROTORS: FRONT AND REAR STOCK.

PROBLEM:
    Makes a loud squeal from front brakes coming to a complete stop, faint squeal heard under hard braking at speeds greater than 40km/h. Squealing seems to occur mainly under 40km/h louder at under 20km/h coming to a stop regardless of how soft you brake. Most noticeable would be the LHF but both audio-able once under 20km/h. Installed yesterday and bedded in after an hour of both heavy and soft braking.

POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS: Could it be the brake compound acting on the stock rotors that causes the squeal? I'm stumped atm cos I've replaced them twice cleaned and applied anti-squeal to the backing of them, new pads did not come with the shims the OEM ones had but I doubt it very much it's the cause, reason why I believe it's the rotors fault is cause the rears don't make the horrid squealing only the fronts, the front rotors were not warped and with in spec and it would squeal regardless of speed if it was warped.

cheers, rep to all that contribute
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Your metal shims inside the caliper that the pads sit in isnt rubbing up against the rotor is it?
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    I had the shims in before and they squealed, took em out now, still squeal, didn't think the shims mattered that much so out they came, but I'll try placing the shims back in with a little bit of modification and see how that works out. Taken the pads out twice third times a charm yeah?

oh the front pads had 2 shims one was stuck to the backing face so could not remove, only shim I was able to use was the movable outer shim with the arrow.
    Last edited by shadou; 07-09-2007 at 10:02 PM.
    Why hello there

Member Array
    Car:
    tried searching for some answers in evolutionm.net or evolutionoz? funny is some ppl get squeals while some don't

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Quote Originally Posted by civic_mods View Post
    tried searching for some answers in evolutionm.net or evolutionoz? funny is some ppl get squeals while some don't
    not yet didn't want to join up and ask them since it's brake related and some of the members here run brembo's all round. I don't think it's something the evo forums could help me with, it's either the pads, the rotors or a combination.
    Why hello there

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Did you put anti-sieze in between the shims and the brake pads?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2