Thread: EK CXI Swaybars

EK CXI Swaybars

hey, can u install a swaybar on the front of a cxi model ek hatchback with out modding or drilling holes? do kits from whiteline just bolt up?

luke

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    u need front lower control arms from another EK that came with front sway bar as standard. not sure if u can get away with drilling holes

Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    u need front lower control arms from another EK that came with front sway bar as standard. not sure if u can get away with drilling holes
    Whiteline DOES make a kit for the EK with no front swaybar. It adjoins the main bolts of the front LCA.

So , no need to spend extra on EK4 or EK1 LCA's

i think i might drill holes and then weld up a nice steel plate to add strength to where the sway bar bolts to the front lca's

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Its not needed, ive been running the whiteline 24mm from bar on my cxi for close to 2 years with no problems at all. It mounts quite firmly already.
    Back from the dead

Member Array
    Car:
    ex ek, ex eg -> leg power
    I have the front whiteline sway bar kit installed on my car. I didn't have to change the lca's and have been driving with them for close to 6 months now without any problems.

as both above.

i think with ek's the only problem is the rear subframe. the front i havent heard of issues.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    VTi-R Civic
    This should answer you question. Check out the Fitting instructions for Whiteline's BHF56 swaybar (Honda Civci EJ -EK 1995 - 2000 Full kit front swaybar suit vehicle without OEM swaybar)

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...Z263_BHF56.pdf

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    my GLi had a stock 22mm (or there abouts) front sway bar, i was able to install the OEM EK9 front sway bar (26mm) on the car without any mods. straight fit. (should be the same for Cxi).