Replacing gear knob

hey,

Im just a noob to modifying myy prelude. I have baught a new gear knob, but am having trouble getting the stock knob off..

I have a 93 prelude SI.

Member Array
    Car:
    push bike
    doesnt it just twist off?
    shooting cac

nah, i thought it would.. But it wont twist off, it twists a little but there's like some little square thing under the cover and that keeps clicking back. I read on another forum about an accord and having to push some part in, tried that, that didnt work.. So im now lost for ideas..

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ^^^ thats what i would think
    GH-3770 S2K

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Try pulling the boot down first. There is usually a clip-adapter that is ziptied to the boot which connects to the knob as well as to prevent the knob from loosening.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

is out of curiosity... anyone replaced the 06/07 civic gear knob yet?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by amuson View Post
    is out of curiosity... anyone replaced the 06/07 civic gear knob yet?
    Probably. Manual Hondas use the same thread size and pitch for their knobs.

If theres is a 'cap' kind of part ontop of the gear knob which looks to be seperate to the actual gear knob that might be screwed down into the actuall clip thats not allowing you to undo it, but yet again ive never seen a prelube gear knob so dont mind me if this doesnt sound right

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by markoJEK1 View Post
    If theres is a 'cap' kind of part ontop of the gear knob which looks to be seperate to the actual gear knob that might be screwed down into the actuall clip thats not allowing you to undo it, but yet again ive never seen a prelube gear knob so dont mind me if this doesnt sound right
    If it is screwed down, you should be able to unscrew it. Anyway, no Honda OEM knob has a cap on top. I say pull the boot down first.

haha i know this one!!!

ok you have to squeeze the ring at the bottom and pull the cover thing down at the same time (that releases the clip thing that holds it on).. then just twist it off lah

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey RA1 sooo old
    on me civic i had to pull down the boot
    (easier said then done as it was zip-tied to the bloody thing on the inside)
    then got my cir-clip pliers and removed the cir-clip then un-screwed the knob.