Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by [ricer] View Post
    without a reso it will sound terrible
    this is true, i will vouch for this.... i tried 3 different mufflers including a twin loop and nothing got rid of the shitty lawnmower sound until i put a reso. Honda obviously knew this... thats why they put a factory reso on... most probably caused by airflow dynamics of engine CC design..... just trust me that it's a shitter sound than any excel/corolla/exa with a fart cannon.... like a very fast slightly high pitched pussy fart sound

if anyone is interested in a high flow 2.5inch metal cat for under $200 delivered let me know.... i have a source that sells a quality one.... so send me a PM

got it fitted to an exhaust shop without the catback at the time... this thing actually glows red hot under a minute of idle... it does its job of catalysing real well as exhaust popping now is quite common... not a bad thing on a metal cat.... it tells me that its igniting the unburnt mixture.. where-as an a quality ceramic cat for the same price, it would have shattered after a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitty Rail
    Quote Originally Posted by dsp26 View Post
    if anyone is interested in a high flow 2.5inch metal cat for under $200 delivered let me know.... i have a source that sells a quality one.... so send me a PM
    how much for interstate?!?

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by cristian View Post
    how much for interstate?!?
    i'll find out the exact cost for ya neighbour.... i showed it to you didn't I?
    If 1 person has had bad luck with a product don’t condemn it until you yourself have tested it. Now if 10 pros have tried it and it sucked then I would trust their opinion.

Member Array
    Car:
    Shitty Rail
    nah man...last time i stopped by, u were clearing ur makeshift oil filter...then sprayed it wit degreaser...hehehe...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i agree with z3lda, dont bother wasting money on exhaust..... it serves a purpose not for sound.... i just dont see any justification in spending a couple hundred for that "cool" sound... i'ld say with that budget unless ur planning big things for your car, stick to something that will make ur ride more enjoyable, cosmetics may be your thing but use it on something u'll enjoy, suspension is worth it and do it right the first time
    Team SpeedStar

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    i agree ^^^

and for the price of a single OBX camshaft for your engine and getting it installed (all under $500), it'd probably be the only worthwhile performance upgrade.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2>ej8->fd3>S3
    Turbo!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    380GT,XTrailSTR
    Quote Originally Posted by rfah View Post
    Turbo!!!!
    for the price of a turbo on a D16.. a B18cr conversion is still faster/powerful/cheaper

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    for the price of a turbo on a D16.. a B18cr conversion is still faster/powerful/cheaper
    How so?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish

lol.... no mate
    Ctrl + W

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    this is true, i will vouch for this.... i tried 3 different mufflers including a twin loop and nothing got rid of the shitty lawnmower sound until i put a reso. Honda obviously knew this... thats why they put a factory reso on... most probably caused by airflow dynamics of engine CC design..... just trust me that it's a shitter sound than any excel/corolla/exa with a fart cannon.... like a very fast slightly high pitched pussy fart sound

got it fitted to an exhaust shop without the catback at the time... this thing actually glows red hot under a minute of idle... it does its job of catalysing real well as exhaust popping now is quite common... not a bad thing on a metal cat.... it tells me that its igniting the unburnt mixture.. where-as an a quality ceramic cat for the same price, it would have shattered after a month.
    Thanks for that.The resonator stays