Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2

DC2R Brakes - Need Advice

Hi All,

I primarily need some advice on suppliers where i can get a set of Ferodo DS2500's and also some brake discs. Im thinking a set of 4 RDA front and rear slotted rotors....

Any thoughts, advice, opinions and most importantly contacts and rough prices.

Thanks fellas

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    get DBA.
    i've used RDA before, they are okay, but don't like to get a constant hammering aye.
    lol.
    i'm using DBA4000 slotteds now, alot better, and oh, project mu pads as well
    stopped very good from 180km.
    lol.

for pads, call up mu secret in burwood, there in the trader section
    for discs, and ferodo pads, call up race brakes in wetherill park.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    thanks mate, so wwould you recommend the prject mu pads over the ferodo's? ill probably track once every coupla months, other than that the cars lucky to cop 10km a week. If so, then which Mu pads?

I suppose you get what you pay for with the discs, the RDA were going to be just a bit more than one front set of DBA's...

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    dw about the rears in my opinion, they only do 30% of the braking.
    lol.
    i got the type NS. pads.
    quiet, low dust, and apparently doesn't kill your rotors either.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    yeh im thinking just leaving the rears and getting them machines with the new pads... also, recommend a fluid?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    also, do the NS have a nice extra bite

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    yes
    the bite is good and reposive
    using
    castrol super dot4

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Thanks a lot mate, champion

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    thanks mate, so wwould you recommend the prject mu pads over the ferodo's? ill probably track once every coupla months, other than that the cars lucky to cop 10km a week. If so, then which Mu pads?

I suppose you get what you pay for with the discs, the RDA were going to be just a bit more than one front set of DBA's...
    personally never drove a car with the ds2500s either
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    Hi All,

I primarily need some advice on suppliers where i can get a set of Ferodo DS2500's and also some brake discs. Im thinking a set of 4 RDA front and rear slotted rotors....

Any thoughts, advice, opinions and most importantly contacts and rough prices.

Thanks fellas

ok...you can get them at race brakes wetherill park or vsport at blacktown..both good priced and good service...same for dba 4000 rotors.

don't know prices for dc2r...but you know...you pay for what you get

opinions...love the pads...2nd set on the front...1st set on the back....dba 4000 slotted all around..pulls up great!

excuse for me braking late lol...anyway...only thing is to take it easier for the first 5 minutes of driving until the pads warm up....(well the way I brake anyway..cause I"m so used to last minute braking)...

oh btw jt...you have driven a car with ferodo pads...but only in reverse

I've seen a set of rdas my sis has just got for her forester...dbas definitely look better...

btw my last set at the front lasted 3 years...this set will last less...been driver harder
    Last edited by Spunkymonkey; 10-09-2007 at 09:09 PM.
    blah blah blah

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    well there you go, i have driven one.
    lol

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey View Post
    ok...you can get them at race brakes wetherill park or vsport at blacktown..both good priced and good service...same for dba 4000 rotors.

don't know prices for dc2r...but you know...you pay for what you get

opinions...love the pads...2nd set on the front...1st set on the back....dba 4000 slotted all around..pulls up great!

excuse for me braking late lol...anyway...only thing is to take it easier for the first 5 minutes of driving until the pads warm up....(well the way I brake anyway..cause I"m so used to last minute braking)...

oh btw jt...you have driven a car with ferodo pads...but only in reverse

I've seen a set of rdas my sis has just got for her forester...dbas definitely look better...

btw my last set at the front lasted 3 years...this set will last less...been driver harder
    Thanks a lot man, i appreciate your feedback, the pads on the car are from new, ive never had to change them yet! i guess i dont drive the thing often enough

Do the Ferodos dust a lot? i dont mind the warmup period, but do they squeak and dust a lot?

Im doing it for the first time in 7 years so i dont mind spending a bit of cash since im keeping the car for a few more years, i just want to get the right thing for my car

Prusso, i dont know anything about Endless bro... any recommendation?