Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Js Racing Time Attack DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    personally i would buy a car that has a title of 'repariable writeoff'. As in some instances ie type R's if seats get stolen its classified as a write off. Then resold at auctions. For me as long as chasis isnt bent its all good. Some ppl are just more picky when it comes to this sorta stuff.

some ppl who go out to buy a second hand car and expect it to have zero accident history in my opinion are dreaming....
    My car is a repairable write off. Seats were stolen and it's also been in an accident. I had it checked and while panel repairs were a little dubious with paint now cracking slightly and headlights not aligned properly I got it for a reasonable price. Mechanically the car was perfect, but again I've modded the car for the track anyway. As far as resale is concerned any car wuth mods is gonna be harder to sell and generally sells for less than market value.

If the car has been repaired well and mechanically is A1 then go for it. make sure your finance does not have a residual value out of reason. Some people are far too pedantic when it comes to used cars. If you want new car condition then buy a new car. From my experience as a dealer, used car departments tart up the cosmetic side and leave the mechanical. I know which one I'd rather be working. A mint car broken down isn't a car at all.

The reason why I bought my car was because I knew it was going to be a track car from day one. All I cared about was a straight chassis and excellent mechanical package. By the time I sell it it won't be road registered. My plan is to drive it on road for another 12 months before deregistering it and going nuts on it. I'm hoping the FD2R is available by then. i'd love one for a daily driver. Either that or an SR5 dual cab Hilux to tow the teg. A man needs his hobbies. As the old saying goes, idle hands are the Devil's playground.
    Last edited by m0nty ITR; 11-09-2007 at 07:06 PM.

also refer to this thread man :
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72756
    ozhonda.com = ozhomo.com

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    My aunty had her Commodore side swiped front to back. Nil suspension or mechanical damage, but it was written off by the insurance company. Bought it back for $1200, spent $3000 on it and sold it for almost market value. Buyer was told the truth, nil problems.

Always dependant on the damage. Even if it was a chassis damage, most repairers have jigs that repair them to almost if not 100%. Remember that there are many cars out there which arent insured and listed as written off when in accidents and are sold as accident free.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 B16A
    my car was a repairable right off...

car was from an auction...

stolen with no panels on it...
    Got an old Videogame console, handheld, games and accessories. PM me! I want them

Member Array
    Car:
    push bike
    thread starter.. have u made a decision yet?
    shooting cac

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by est1989 View Post
    thread starter.. have u made a decision yet?
    sorry guys i was at work.. culdnt reply straight away.
    just got home..
    umm.. my decision is leaning towards buying it..
    ive inspected it myself.. test drove it..
    it seems all fine.. the recaros were stolen... its a (DC5R)
    so as a few ppl have mentioned, it wuld class it as a " repairable write-off"
    if thats true..

ill further inspect the chassis to see if anything seems dodgy..
    if the chassis is damaged i dont think ill buy it..
    but if thats not the case ill take it..
    the price is $23.5k

the seller is getting it inspected through the RTA for me this friday, because the RTA themselves want to inspect it to see if its roadworthy..
    i guess if they approve.. my answers made easy..

thanks alot guys.. really appreciate all your help..
    fingers crossed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    pretty cheap ... but recaros arent cheap either - who knows what else they took ? get a hard core assessment -

there are sum on car sales for like 24K.. if u negotiate u can get it cheaaper - so instead of buyin recaros youll already have em in there ... 23.5K + recaros + assessment + road worthy + repairs = $$$$$$ ....
    unless 23.5 covers all of that ...

let us kno
    n good luck ...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i serzly think u can get that cheaper.. u can prolly pick up a dc5R for about 26k

recaros would cost ya about 2k for a good pair.

settle for 20k :P

remember that if the car has been stolen/broken into , the chance that the same guys will come back again for it is quite high. Get the can AND good insurance , or not at all.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 WRX
    You can also do a premium revs check that should reveal as to why the vehicle was listed as a write off.. btw if the recaros were stolen it should have been listed as an economical write off... as far as im aware.

Also if the car is going to an inspection station the current owner should have all paperwork for repairs/parts bought and also an auction receipt when it goes for blue slip they should receive a fax as to the damage to the vehicle ie heavy structual front for example you might be able to get a squiz at that if your lucky but usually you arn't entitled to that info

Like stated really depends on the reason vehicle was written off inspections are very stringent these days if rails were damaged they knock back for even painting them these days RTA has to be 100% certain damage was repaired properly.

Don't forget you can't trade in cars listed on revs either so keep that in mind for future sale reference.