Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude

jst got keyed :(

..hi, i recently got keyed by someone and i dont see how some people are able to do that to someone else's car, but reason for the thread being..

i was just wondering, would it be worth using touch up paint on the car, because

1) i had been told that the touched up area's would stand out too much and look funny..

2) if i leave the key marks there, then you would be able to see the underlayer of the paint

or 3) if i get the whole car resprayed, then it would be a fair bit costy, and i dont know if down the track someone decides to try it again, making the whole repsray not worth it.

which brings me to the question of, asking for peoples opinions on what i should do in regards to the car getting keyed, and how i should resolve this issue

thanks for the help in advance.
    .. h o n d a

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    you sound like you value the appearance of your ride... if you have insurance, you can get it fixed for the cost of the excess, and if you really want a respray completely (panels may not match in colour) get the repairer to quote the rest of it.

i personally couldnt live with key scratched or touch up paint

Member Array
    Car:
    push bike
    where was it keyed? i dont think it would be a good idea to use touch up paint as it would stand out quite badly... see if u can go through insurance as stated above by zilli... you could get the panels resprayed but then you would be taking the chance that it may not match in colour andthen u would go through more sorts of troubles or they could spray it correctly and ur car would look as good as new...
    my 2c ..
    shooting cac

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    its not that im overly obsessed in regards to the paint, but its just the fact that it had been keyed by someone. and now my car has scratches on both doors and back fenders //.

and i would like it to look at least half decent.. and yeah i didnt think i should use touch up paint because the mark will show fairly strong as it is new paint.

so instead of key marks, it will have a stronger paint colour in its place.

and it was done while i was at working, done in the carpark.
    .. h o n d a

do you kno of any1 who would do this to you?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    any pics of how bad it is?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    i dont know of anything or anyone that would actually do this, or any idea why it was my car that was targeted. .. its not like i provoke anyone or drive wrecklessly..

and the doors both have a key line.. in a wave..
    i dont have pics at the moment as it happened yesterday

the doors have a wave.. like a wavy line up and down on both sides

and also on the back fenders they have swirl marks
    i would say.. "if anyone has seen destruksion's [ sorry if i spelt it wrong, and your in this thread ] his avatar//dp.. it looks like that but not moving..on the back fenders.
    .. h o n d a

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    cover up the scartch asap or it will start to rust
    凸-_-凸

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    would i be able to do that with a buff/detail and touch up paint temporarily?

until i can get it professionally fixed..?

( sorry if that sounded noob, im still learning all this )
    .. h o n d a

I would personally try to cover the scratch with some touchup paint just so it wont rust. I know touchup paint looks ugly when you look closely but is better then having rust grow on the panels. I wouldnt suggest to respary the car is too costly and not worth the money just to cover the key scratch

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    i was thinking maybe to use touchup paint, then cleaning/buffing/waxing, etc in hope that it suits and does not look extremly off colour...

and the reason why i had concidered a respray was because it was on both doors and the back fenders ..
    but maybe a fair bit later down the track.

and reason being was just that a fair few touch up job's that i've seen havent turned out all well, in which brings me to seeking the advise of others that have more experience than i do.
    .. h o n d a

Yeah i know how u feel man, my car got keyed a few months after i got it. I used touch up paint in fear that it would rust. It's a lil bit obvious in the day but at night you couldn't tell the difference.