Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

Civic 06/07 Air Intake (NOT the Sport/FD2 model)

After seeing the Injen fitted to an FD2 on some Malaysian guy's blog (http://hondacivic-fd2.com), I was wondering if there is an equivalent for my 1.8L Civic 2006 VTi-L.

Tried looking through the Injen site but to no avail. Or are there any other brands of intakes which are easy to fit and of good quality?

The Mugen one is really just an air filter from what I can tell

The mugen one is trying to emulate a CAI in my opinion but still retain the stock air box. Thats what i am trying to acheive with my FD2. Keep the airbox but remove everything afterwards (resonator and some piping). Then look for a manufactured part and attach it to the end of the stock airbox, then routing the part somewhere where there is colder air. Still researching at this stage.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    That sounds like kindof what I saw in the Injen thread (somewhere else on OzHonda). Maybe someone else will make a similar solution for us.

Ill probably start off by removing the resonator. So what will be left is the stock airbox and the downward piping just before it connects to the resonator. It will emulate the mugen air box look. I will drive around to see if theres any improvements. Hopefully it does since the pipe is facing downwards sucking colder air - compared to the stock where the pipe is inside the engine bay sucking hot air.

I thought Injen only making the Civic CI version, and I asked them last time will it fit our FD2, they say no... :s weird...

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda
    i have the fujita CAI on my FD1. it makes an awesome induction sound and when u hit the vtec range its so much louder.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob san View Post
    i have the fujita CAI on my FD1. it makes an awesome induction sound and when u hit the vtec range its so much louder.
    Wow that sounds awesome. Any more info you can provide on the parts/price/installation (photos)? Thanks. I'd like a little bit more urge in my car and if it sounds good, all the better.

I'm hoping for something with minimal modification to the engine bay so I can reverse it out easily when it comes time to trade in the Civic. But parts which keep the car relatively stock (e.g. the Mugen exhaust) are fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I thought Injen only making the Civic CI version, and I asked them last time will it fit our FD2, they say no... :s weird...
    I noticed on the Injen site that alot of models do double duty for different vehicles from same manufacturer so maybe look around keeping that in mind? Or just go message that Jack guy and ask for info on what parts work- he looks like someone who's quite helpful. Or failing that, ask on the Singaporean forums because I noticed in Singapore, most of the Civics sold are of the 2.0L variety.

Quote Originally Posted by JaCe View Post
    I noticed on the Injen site that alot of models do double duty for different vehicles from same manufacturer so maybe look around keeping that in mind? Or just go message that Jack guy and ask for info on what parts work- he looks like someone who's quite helpful. Or failing that, ask on the Singaporean forums because I noticed in Singapore, most of the Civics sold are of the 2.0L variety.
    I think I did send email to the injen website... anyhow, mine is an auto so I think only the SRI will fit the auto...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Vti
    I found this on ebay. what do you guys reckon?

I've never heard of Simota. I'm also looking for a SRI.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-1...QQcmdZViewItem

"vtec range" on the fd1?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by xqwzit View Post
    "vtec range" on the fd1?
    I was under the impression that vtec on the FD1 was totally different because it was the i-vtec whereby if certain conditions were met, something would happen (not sure on the technical name) to basically, chill out the engine and become uber petrol efficient... so not quite sure what vtec range would be.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by wilzee View Post
    I found this on ebay. what do you guys reckon?

I've never heard of Simota. I'm also looking for a SRI.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Civic-1...QQcmdZViewItem
    Never heard of but;
    a) Prices are cheap
    b) A bit of Googling leads me to www.simota.com.au .. but no mention of the FD1/Civic 06 model. Maybe it's a relatively new product and local distro hasn't updated site lately? *shrugs*

EDIT: On the American Simota site http://www.simota.com/pro_in_fiber.php scroll down to the bit which says Honda, and you'll see;
    "CF620-10 HONDA CIVIC 2.0
    06-on "

... and if you go here http://www.simota.com/pro_in_standard.php, you will find "H-026 CIVIC 1.8
    06-on "
    Last edited by JaCe; 13-09-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: See edit