Thread: sussy for dc2

sussy for dc2

wats better for dc2 vtir
    i narrowed what i want down to:
    type r shock/spring...or gc/koni yellow

i also want to lower my car so theres liek 2 finger spacing from wheel to guard(how much would that be in terms of " ) and i only street drive and dislike bumpy rides =)
    dont plan to track so coilovers ruled out

also if i were to go the type r shock..wat spring would give me the height im looking for.
    why would u guys choose one over the other?
    any input is greatly appreciated

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    ok firstly, any shocks suited to a Type R will require you to replace your rear lower control arms (lca's) with Type R items.

To guarantee a two finger gap between the tyre and arch only coilovers can do it with the least amount of stuffing around unless you are prepared to try springs then take them out to reset numerous times to get right.

I have Type R suspension on mine and love it, the rear is slightly lower than stock and the front quite a bit lower matching the tyre to guard gap of the rear. I'd like it to be lower though and am planning to get some Spoon Progressive springs soon to lower it another 25mm or so.

You can't lower a car without having a harsher ride, especially down to a two finger gap. Type R gear gives a great ride, very firm but not at all bumpy but this is due to the very good shocks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    IMO a good combination is type r shocks with spoon springs

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    I prefer the eibach. those go good with koni yellows also.
    | S h o o t i n g S t a r |

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    2 finger space gap..
    about 2.5-3" drop dude
    GH-3770 S2K

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    for those that dont know, the gc/koni combo is one of the best on the market. although its not a "coilover" the ground control sleeves were purposely designed to suit koni shocks and that combo kills any sussy under 1.8k
    alot of talk goes around on coilover sleeves. and yes. they're shit. but not these. take a look on honda-tech.com on this setup and you'll see nothing but positive feedback
    Ground Control sleeves use eibach springs
    my vote goes to GC + koni setup

you can choose your custom spring rate from the Eibach/Ground Control when ordering, dont forget to mention you're using Koni Yellows.
    Last edited by zco; 14-09-2007 at 02:06 AM.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..