Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi

Power Window Problem

my driver side window dosnt wind up like usual. when i want to bring it up from the lowest it can go, it struggles just to even move. i have to keep on switching it up like *click click click*. it takes so long to bring it up. but when its about 3/4 down it still struggles abit but not as much. i took off the door trim to see if i could find the problem, couldnt find much though i did put some lube on the sliders where the window attaches to the frame. i was thinking if it is the motor that is going? or maybe the the windows seal just behind the speaker? its gettin so damn annoying now. what u's think

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    What lube did you use? Many liquid lubes can actually make it worse because it attracts dirt and other contaminants into the rails. If there is a large buildup, you may need to dilute some detergent and poor it down the rails to clean it up.
    If the rubber rails have corroded badly, they may need replacing.

Graphite/Carbon powder is the best to use.

The problem with the EG's is that the rubber is very soft and can dislodge easily. Once the windows slow to a crawl, its hard to restore good window movement and keep it that way. I ended up having to re-lube every couple of weeks.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    What lube did you use? Many liquid lubes can actually make it worse because it attracts dirt and other contaminants into the rails. If there is a large buildup, you may need to dilute some detergent and poor it down the rails to clean it up.

x2 graphite power is the stuff to use after a good clean. can be found at places like supercheap. brand: power plus

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post

The problem with the EG's is that the rubber is very soft and can dislodge easily. Once the windows slow to a crawl, its hard to restore good window movement and keep it that way. I ended up having to re-lube every couple of weeks.
    i forget the name of it, some cheapy one. by rubber rails do u mean the what holds the windows to the door? i inspected them and didnt seem to have rust on them, where should i inspect? i might take the passenger trim off, and see the difference and maybe this might be able to help me. what lube do you use and where do YOU apply it to?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    There is a rubber thing on the door trop, usually one on the inside of the car (on door trim) and one outside (on the door)

Make sure If you have removed many times that it is put on proprly coz it may be to tight for the window to go up coz the rubber stuff is to tight

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    i forget the name of it, some cheapy one. by rubber rails do u mean the what holds the windows to the door? i inspected them and didnt seem to have rust on them, where should i inspect? i might take the passenger trim off, and see the difference and maybe this might be able to help me. what lube do you use and where do YOU apply it to?

The rubber rails surround the glass window. The glass is guided by these rubber rails when moved up and down. I think the rubber rail is one piece (Left top and right side of the window), I remember getting a price from a honda dealer and it was like $170+ or something

Wind the window down, if there is still lubricant or dirt in the rubber railing, you need to clean that out (detergent works well), then dry it out.
    Once dry, wind the window down, and poor some graphite powder in the lower corners of the rails (poor in the corner near the door lock, and poor in the other lower corner near the side mirror).
    Then wind the windows up and down a few times to spread the graphite powder through the rubber rails.
    .© ♪

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    Last time, I lube my windows by poor graphite powder in the lower corners of the rails and found out that only some powder stick on the rails and most of them drop to the bottom of windows. So I have to poor graphite powder on my fingers and rub it again the rails. It was dirty and took more time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    so what i need to do first is mix some detergent and run through the rails, then once that is dry put some of that graphite powder in between the rails? can i use dish washing detergent?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    U can use car wash shampoo and use cloths to wash the rails.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    it seems that the windows was actin a fool with me. all good now, obviously still strugglin but not that much to complain much. thanx all for your tips. come to think of it, i only have the problem after my car has been exposed to dew. if it comes back to annoy me, i will DEFINITELY try the graphite powder

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    try take it off and put it together again maybe this way the mechanism will work fine