Member Array
    Car:
    Ferio

koni yellow for eg

hi,

are koni yellows for eg height and damper adjustable?
    how many settings do u have to change the height?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord H22a
    I got koni's for my accord and it has 3 height settings for the rear and two for the front. The front shocks have an adjustable top to turn to make it firmer or softer. The rear shocks are also adjustable but you have to take them off the car to adjust them.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.
    If your looking to buy a set give GT suspensions a call.
    Ruck Fules!

Official Chaingang Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by akusuma View Post
    hi,

are koni yellows for eg height and damper adjustable?
    how many settings do u have to change the height?

thanks
    The Koni Yellows for EG are height adjustable. But only by 2 or 3 steps, well, my front has a 2 step height adjust and rear, 3.

The height is adjusted by moving the lower spring perch along the body of the shock to pre-defined positions.

They are also Damper adjustable via a Knob which sit atop the shock.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Ferio
    thanks for the reply.

so, to adjust the damper on the front, i wont need to take out the shocks, while i have to take out for the back?

i have read somewhere on this forum that you might have a difficulty with your springs when you set the perch to the lowest. it is said that your springs wont be long enough.

currently i have type r springs with stock eg shocks. do u think i could face the same problem as above using the type r springs with lowest settings on koni yellow?
    will it be lower compared to standard shocks?

To adjust the damper setting, you will be supplied an adjustment knob (Well you should lol) and there will be a little bit poking out of the centre that the knob sits on, simply twist then pull out and repeat on the other shocks

Koni Yellow, I had a beautiful experience coupled with KG/mm DR21 Racing Springs I think they were. I did however had a problem with height, if you look for my car before the coilovers, it was literally on the ground and this was on its highest perch. I'm sure someone has tried ITR springs with Koni Yellows though.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    I'm sure someone has tried ITR springs with Koni Yellows though.
    I do, and its fantastic for the street. I would like it to sit a little highr though.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Ferio
    thanks.
    regarding type r springs with koni, do u set it to lowest perch? how lower is it compared to stock suspension? did you have difficulties on the lowest perch with type r springs?