Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    ok...from wat i have been reading. i get an impression running a high power non factory speakers are only gonna produce shit sound..hence amp, sub, line converters is needed.

i think the factory headunit wont be good enough for the front splits alone.

i saw a deal on pioneer speakers and clarion subs/4channel amp for less than 700 bucks installed...

JUst try the Jaycars unamped and see what u think, but you'll eventually need to amp it

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    My Jaycar Response splits weren't amped and sounded pretty good until you really cranked up the volume and they start to 'distort'. This is when they suffer from being underpowered.

In general; most aftermarket performance speakers will sound fine running off a headunit. But this setup is very limited. Most headunits only put out around 50w, which really isnt alot, so if you want to get the real potential out of your aftermarket speakers you really should amplify them. They will then put out a much louder and clearer sound.

Hope this helps.
    FN2R

Disabled Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord VTi-S
    you never NEED to amp speakers, its just always preferable as it maximises their performance

a standard h/u puts out about 16-18wrms which clearly is not enough to power speakers to their full capacity but it doesent mean theyll only be half as loud or anything. if you are only looking for a very cheap upgrade, running cheap aftermarket speakers off the h/u will still sound better than stock

get a component set speakers...u will get tweeters and crossovers which will produce better sound quality...invest ure money in buying a speakers, so that u wont have to `rebuy`them again...go mbquart if ure aiming for sound quality

Member Array
    Car:
    batmobile
    Quote Originally Posted by kol_m_53100 View Post
    get a component set speakers...u will get tweeters and crossovers which will produce better sound quality...invest ure money in buying a speakers, so that u wont have to `rebuy`them again...go mbquart if ure aiming for sound quality
    go dynaudio,. and make sure you feed them well

Wow dynaudio... really good stuff but comes with a heavy price tag

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    Installed Pioneer TS-C1625 Separate 2-Way 16cm 220W max speakers for 250 inc installation last week without any amplifiers. IMO..i dun get as much bass as i used too from my old speakers but Nice surround sound feeling though and the clarity sharpness is definately better.

Well..i guess it can run without amplifiers and factory headunit..but i feel u do lose out on the bass therefore u need to run amps or even maybe a subwoofer to finish it off.

Well..gonna see wat jaycars has to offer and also jb-hifi.I think audiocom has overcharged me abit.

It's too late now, you should have gone Jaycar splits. Oh wellz....

Member Array
    Car:
    06 FD1 93 EG4
    i was commited by placing a deposit...

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    Hi just quick audio question might be a bit silly.

Stock H/U ===> Aftermarket speakers
    OR
    Aftermarket H/U ====> Stock speakers

What would u go for ? and why ?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    for me id go aftermarket headunit with stock speakers.....with that additonal power flowing through the speakers it would sound better and also there should be a sound quality increase when upgrading from stock to an aftermarket headunit if still on stock speakers
    coz the way i see it is if u get good speakers on ur stock headunit...there wouldnt be enough power to produce the same sound....and when u do crank up teh volume ull get distortion and ull hear it clearly as uve changed ur speakers
    i got headunit first before i got my splits done and yeah i noticed such a big difference
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!