Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    they the current shape rite?
    how do they perform, im starting to like them alot, how do they go down 400m? also how much approx they worth... cheers... :roll:

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    My mate picked up a 98 vti-r with 60kms on the clock for $23K around a week ago.

They go pretty well, but probably not that quick over the 1/4 mile because they are quite heavy, and its hard to keep it in VTEC from what I've heard (red line at a around a (mere) 7,500rpm.

However unlike most other honda's it has nice torque down low because of the 2.2L H22 block.

Just make surey you get a manual.

Sorry no info on 1/4 mile times.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

they are a slightly more relaxed honda...

great for touring and cruising..

ATTS option works well on the track i'm lead to believe!

I heard they are a heavy Honda compared to others!
    And yet again like all other Prelude's its FWD

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    5th Gen preludes (97-02) do the 1/4 in around 15.5s. Maybe even 15.1-15.2 on a good day. From what I've read, the ATTS is not reliable under track use (for the 97 models anyway). Good for the street apparently... if you get used to it.

And yeah the lude isn't no lightweight, but at 1300-1350kgs, it's not too bad. (Integra is around 1200kg but has 400cc less engine to pull it). On the street it's the nicer to drive around in as it's more luxurious...

FWD's not all bad. Commodores and Falcons are RWD and they handle like a cows @ss. Honda's have always made FWD cars that handle like a dream and safe(r) for inexperienced drivers as well. Know a friend who moved from a Teg VTiR to a WRX and he really missed the handling of the Teg.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    The only thing about FWD's is that they aren't as much 'fun' to drive as RWD cars.

If all the FWD hondas (not just the Type R) had an LSD, then I'd be VERY prowd to own a FWD.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    just a Q, wats ATTS stand for? lol

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    The good ol' FWD vs RWD debate again...

Well yeah RWD can be more fun, but FWD is not always as 'inferrior' as people make it out to be that's all (we're talking about affordable cars here, not your 60k+ sports cars). Just because a car is RWD doesn't mean it definitely handles better than a FWD car. Both need to be sorted. Most drivers out there would be able to push a FWD car to its limit more than they could in a RWD car and be heaps more confident/safer in the process (especially in the rain)...

ATTS = 'Something' Torque Transfer System if I remember correctly.

atts = "active torque transfer system"

basically an intelligent LSD

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    ahh k. thanks fellas

The only thing about FWD's is that they aren't as much 'fun' to drive as RWD cars.
    BULL! Love the FWD! Been cruising in my gen5 lude for the last month (just got it recently) and loving it!

As for the weight, i used to drive a saab 900, so i feel like the lude is so much lighter and just sits so well on the road!

It's beautiful for cruising, and as for vtecing, it's still all ace, with vtec pulling in just before 5500 rpm and then have fun until about 7000 rpm, That's a good dosage, esp doing it in 2nd and then again in 3rd... 1st disappears to quickly

But yeah, i'm loving the changeover from auto to manual, and manual is a must with the VTiR coz it has all the perks!

Good luck on trying to find one... in Melbourne they are expensive and not that easy to come across. I got mine with 92,000km for about 23k onroad for a 97 with skirts and good sound system, but i was lucky coz the dude was going to work overseas

Good luck with your search

Cat

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    The resale value for the BB6 VTi-R has dropped significantly and can be easily picked up for mid $20s these days. If you're looking for straight line performance/handling, don't waste your time. It's too heavy and will make you look like a joke to most counterparts - Ala EK4 / DC2R / DC5R. It's a good cruiser, being comfortable and smooth. I'd call it the Accord Coupe rather than anything else. And ATTS? Don't even bother, you cannot feel it and is only useful if you're a track junkie where it works best. Maybe knock that 1s off your laptime but once again, it's too heavy, doesn't handle very well and powerband is no where close to the B killer series.