Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    even so, there are still 'some' modded ludes of these versions floating around, maybe not alot in oz, but certainly in the states... there may be a few things that could be done to improve it
    フジタエンジニアリング

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Actually what has been said above is quite true. Their powerband isn't as large as the B series and one of its biggest weakenesses is its cylinder walls. If you planning on making big power (esp turbo) resleaving is something that a lot of people have done.

Sure the 2.2L is good, but there is a reason not too many people mod preludes for a good track/drag car.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    nothing technical here, but the only reason i don't go for Ludes is cos i sat in one b4 at syd motor show and with my driving position, there's hardly and leg space for rear passengers and I care about that sorta stuff, hence i chose my accord sedan rather than a civic sedan!!

buuut that's just me! ops:

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    They go pretty well, but probably not that quick over the 1/4 mile because they are quite heavy, and its hard to keep it in VTEC from what I've heard (red line at a around a (mere) 7,500rpm.
    Redline may be at 7500rpm but fuel doesn't cut off until 8100rpm . I shift at 7800-8000 when I drive hard and the engine is still purring.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    what i can remember with my friend's lude, the redline starts at 8
    dunno wen it cuts off but

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Its under 8. Around 7.5 or so.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    yeah? hehe okai i guess ill double check next time wen i get into his car

can we import prelude type S here?

A 4th gen VTEC prelude is faster than a 5th gen VTEC.

they do 1/4 mile around 14.8 depending on driver and condition whereas a 5th gen is 15.1 at best.

Besides, i think my 4th gen is better looking too, not a fan of that retro boxy style in the 5th gen..............

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    The key to that being that the 4th gen (thats the one with the big ass right?) is lighter than the newer one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    a prelude is faster den a dc2r/dc5r?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggy-Vtir
    a prelude is faster den a dc2r/dc5r?

No.

Once the Type R is in its powerband it is quicker than the prelude because of its weight and powerband advantage.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    youll find that stock for stock a prelude is slower off the line, but one thing it does have is that it will continue to pull way after 130km/h, soemthing that b series cars dont...i remeber when my car was stock, a friend had a civic vtir and another an integra vtir and they both would get me off the line, but as soon as we got over 100km/h it is like they had stopped....my car would continue going....but they are more of a gt car, than a sports car...