Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Why so? The UK CTR has an RRP of UKP18,000 (AU$42,250), while the Jap CTR is JPY2,835,000 (AU$28,770). Are you saying that Honda Australia is able to bring in the UK CTR at same RRP in UK, but can't do the same with the JDM CTR eventhough shipping from Japan is cheaper than shipping from UK?
    well i guess u also need to look at the price for other Japan sourced cars.

eg. the odyssey is selling around 2,500,000 yen for a medium model without leather but includes other goodies like Sat Nav. given the ex-rate from your calc for FD2 above, it's roughly AUD$25,380 and yet the base car here sells for mid 30k.

if the odyssey example applies for FD2R, i think it's fair to estimate the rrp would be higher than FN2.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    my point exactly. more the reason to bring in the jdm

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    nice find

i still love the fn, looks very unique and very hot hatchish

love the fd and i now it out performs the fn but it looks like any other civic, since ther are so many of them now
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    those that owns a FD civic, does anyone find the car to be long??

I still can't comprehend how the body, chassis of the FD civic can be a good/great handling car even with all those suspension tweeks on the TypeR model...sure it's lighter, but it's just feels so LONG...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    from the spec, FD civic is longer than an Accord Euro but has a shorter wheelbase. wheelbase has more influence on handling than length of the car itself.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    well i guess u also need to look at the price for other Japan sourced cars.

eg. the odyssey is selling around 2,500,000 yen for a medium model without leather but includes other goodies like Sat Nav. given the ex-rate from your calc for FD2 above, it's roughly AUD$25,380 and yet the base car here sells for mid 30k.

if the odyssey example applies for FD2R, i think it's fair to estimate the rrp would be higher than FN2.
    Mid 30k is fine. An AU$10,000 premium is fine to me for bringing in a car from Japan and costs to cover stuff like modifications for compliancing. But IF the FD2R comes here and if they price it the same as the DC5R, I don't think many will sit down knowing that Honda Australia is pulling a $22,000 premium on us!

So your reasoning is because companies are already charging us more for cars that cost less, that it is alright for them to keep on doing so?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    from the spec, FD civic is longer than an Accord Euro but has a shorter wheelbase. wheelbase has more influence on handling than length of the car itself.
    what about weight distribution from the overhangs?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Mid 30k is fine. An AU$10,000 premium is fine to me for bringing in a car from Japan and costs to cover stuff like modifications for compliancing. But IF the FD2R comes here and if they price it the same as the DC5R, I don't think many will sit down knowing that Honda Australia is pulling a $22,000 premium on us!

So your reasoning is because companies are already charging us more for cars that cost less, that it is alright for them to keep on doing so?
    well i dun think it's correct. but we also need to take into accounts things like local customs, tax and duties (eg. GST) which is on top of what Honda Aus is paying for the stocks.

my example above is based on my obversation of what's happening. i do not agree or disagree with Honda Aus's pricing strategy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
    what about weight distribution from the overhangs?
    sorry i made a mistake. i re-checked the spec again and CL7 Accord Euro is longer overall (slightly) but FD2 has longer wheelbase. also CL7 is at least 50kg heavier than the FD2R.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    well i dun think it's correct. but we also need to take into accounts things like local customs, tax and duties (eg. GST) which is on top of what Honda Aus is paying for the stocks.

my example above is based on my obversation of what's happening. i do not agree or disagree with Honda Aus's pricing strategy.
    Well, the RRP of the car is above cost. Cost price could be a few thousand dollars less. And Honda Australia is already pricing cars like the Euro up by $10,000 and DC5R by $22,000. That is ABOVE the RRP price. I'm sure shipping, tax and duties don't come up to 78% of a car's RRP price.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    one more thing to take into consideration - foreign exchange flutation.

anyway this is a complex issue. like why cars in US is cheaper than here? when both require shipping. i guess the larger population accounts for something but certainly not all.

but we're going really OT now.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Eurolux SatNav
    one more thing to take into consideration - foreign exchange flutation.

anyway this is a complex issue. like why cars in US is cheaper than here? when both require shipping. i guess the larger population accounts for something but certainly not all.

but we're going really OT now.
    sure it would have some influences... but here is another example...
    The MDX was introduced to both Oz and Japan market around the same time, here you get RRP of 69,990 + on roads... Whereas in Japan it was around 5 mill yen ( and keep in mind that was a top range with SatNav and reverse camera and others)...
    And the fact that both cars were made in Canada plant...

Having said that, once owned a MDX and loved it very much!
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin' - EuroAccord13, Mugen88, Adammet04, jamchen, krogoth, yourfather, Sydsyd, Atjo, SiReal, Xplodin