Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Yeah i think he's right.I've got a Selby RSB,it's a yellow one 18mm.got it from Greg Selby when he was at Kirrawee(he's not there now.)
    Greg Selby doesn't own the current "Selby" name - He thinks he has a claim to it because it was his old man's business and still his surname, but he isn't allowed to use the name "selby sway bars" or any of the trademarks sold to Whiteline years ago.

Greg Selby used to make the Pedders sway bars, but not anymore - he's a bit of a knob really.

And I know I am right.

I can also say that in 2 months, Whiteline will only make 80 sway bars, all made in Korea, and anything that they don't list, you can buy from Selby Sway Bars. So if you have a car that isn't in the 80 most popular, Whiteline will not sell it to you...
    Last edited by McChook; 22-09-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well, so where could i get the adjustable swaybar for Euro? Whiteline Dealers?

how thick is the front one anyway?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Whiteline if you want a machine bent Korean one
    Selby's if you want a handbent Aussie made one.

If anyone wants a Selby Bar, week turn around maximum, PM me and I will PM the phone number of the guy who I deal with there

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2 View Post
    Well, so where could i get the adjustable swaybar for Euro? Whiteline Dealers?

how thick is the front one anyway?
    I'd go for a Selby aussie-made one after seeing some bad inconsistencies with the Whiteline bars.

Front is a 25.4mm hollow bar. Increasing the stiffness of the front sway bar increases steering response but also increases understeer.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I'd go for a Selby aussie-made one after seeing some bad inconsistencies with the Whiteline bars.

Front is a 25.4mm hollow bar. Increasing the stiffness of the front sway bar increases steering response but also increases understeer.
    As above - you don't want to change the front sway until you change the rear sway bar - in a FWD anyway. A rear sway bar will dramatically reduce understeer, a big issue on the Euros

Proably shouldn't add, but I will - more than half of the bars made in Korea for Whiteline get rejected upon their arrival - hence the massive backlog when you order some bars from Whiteline...

I used to sell WL bars, now I won't. Ever again. I'd much prefer to refer you to a better brand of bar

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I've seen problems with a front sway bar. And with the rear sway bar for the Euro, some rub against the spare tyre well, while others don't. So it's the luck of the draw. If they are the same price as the Selby, I'd go for Selby if I had to make the decision again.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I've seen problems with a front sway bar. And with the rear sway bar for the Euro, some rub against the spare tyre well, while others don't. So it's the luck of the draw. If they are the same price as the Selby, I'd go for Selby if I had to make the decision again.
    Its a game of inches or mm...

The Selby's will be about $10 more in RRP, but you geta local product. Though right now there are bargain deals to be had

That said though, in November Whiteline won't even offer a swaybar for the Accord Euro - so you won't have a choice anyway!!
    Get the better product now I say

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    So how much for the Selby bar?
    | cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Gene View Post
    So how much for the Selby bar?
    The guy I speak to who works there says they are $180 for all heavy duty and adjustable bars right now. I am pretty sure both those will be over $250 when their retail counter opens.

If anyone wants to get one, I will PM the guy's phone number.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    The Whiteline rear anti-sway bar on my car is the very first one made. I sent the OE bar to them as the template for the new bar. The OE bar was destroyed in the process (I don't know why).

I've had no problems with the Whiteline bar on my Euro. It was a perfect fit according to the Honda mechanic who fitted it. I don't like fitting thicker front anti-sway bars as it increases understeer.

I had the same thing done with my previous car, a 2001 Civic 5 Door. If it's true that Whiteline is moving production to Korea, I'll have to find somewhere else to make-up new anti-sway bars.

Interestingly, as part of the process that took about three weeks, my car was without the puny rear anti-sway bar. It's absence was hardly noticeable.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    I can get them no problems.. PM me if you need one.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    The Whiteline rear anti-sway bar on my car is the very first one made. I sent the OE bar to them as the template for the new bar. The OE bar was destroyed in the process (I don't know why).
    The OE bar probably wasn't destroyed man... They likely used it as the template to make their ones... unless you saw it destroyed, I can almost guarantee it was not destroyed.

As for future templates and first bars, the solution is at the same address as Whiteline used to be