Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    I'm going to definitly take off the civic and vti badge when I get around to putting on lips/skirts/spoiler. And just leave the rear Honda badge.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 VTi-L MY06
    Ha! You can never have enough Mugen badges!

But I'll admit that your tail end is looking a little crowded now - another guy on the forums, visconti took off his VTi-L badge and replaced it with the Mugen badge - it looks very stylish and clean. All of us FD nuts will know what variant you're driving from the rims, so just having the Civic badge and the Mugen badge on would look schmick.

What's the best way to get them off? I've got a nuisance dealership badge that was stuck on crooked above my VTi-L badge - it's been p!ssing me off since I bought her. Any tips?

Apparently just a hair dryer... will soften the glue.. and just carefully peel the badge off. The only one you can't do is the rear honda one, as it will leave a hole behind - apparently.

A hair dryer will get both the VTI(L)/Sport badge off. Same for the Civic badge.
    Be careful with removing the badges coz they will break if applied too much pressure, esp the civic badge.

U can pop out the rear H but it will leave 2 holes where the pins are.

Also if u plan to get a red H badge, DONT buy one from random shops, becoz it wont fit. The back of the civic is curved and it wont stay on. Also the pins dont fit properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 VTi-L MY06
    Sweet, I thought as much. No plans to remove the H badge, just the crooked dealership badge and possibly the VTi-L if it gets too crowded with a Mugen badge on. Thanks for the tips guys.

Apologies for the pseudo hi-jack, back to you Jace...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by DropBear View Post

But I'll admit that your tail end is looking a little crowded now - another guy on the forums, visconti took off his VTi-L badge and replaced it with the Mugen badge - it looks very stylish and clean. All of us FD nuts will know what variant you're driving from the rims, so just having the Civic badge and the Mugen badge on would look schmick.
    LOL I'm thinking about it. I think it'll look alot nicer without any badges.

What's the best way to get them off? I've got a nuisance dealership badge that was stuck on crooked above my VTi-L badge - it's been p!ssing me off since I bought her. Any tips?
    LOL is it Tynan by any chance? I see them badge alot of cars and at one stage I thought it was a tuning company until I googled it!

Quote Originally Posted by DropBear View Post

I removed my sport badge by using hair dryer then dental floss to slice through it. Took like 10 seconds. Then use metho to remove glue from car body. The 3m tape used for badges are very easy to remove unlike ones on scuffs and spoilers (as Jace mentioned). All up, it took me 2 min to remove and clean.

As for the rear H, after you pop the 2 pins out from the innner boot, is it also held by 3m tape? Im so tempted to buy a red H but i know some bastard will steal it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    I removed my sport badge by using hair dryer then dental floss to slice through it. Took like 10 seconds. Then use metho to remove glue from car body. The 3m tape used for badges are very easy to remove unlike ones on scuffs and spoilers (as Jace mentioned). All up, it took me 2 min to remove and clean.

As for the rear H, after you pop the 2 pins out from the innner boot, is it also held by 3m tape? Im so tempted to buy a red H but i know some bastard will steal it.
    Thanks for the tips. I'm seriously considering cleaning up the car this weekend and removing all but the Honda H badge.

I still stand by my "I think putting a red Honda badge on a non-TypeR car looks tacky"... even though I had a Mugen badge on mine =]

The only badge i have removed is the Sports badge and replaced it with a mugen badge. The mugen badge i have is individual lettering, meaning each letter including the chinese word is its own piece. So it looks quite nice. I was thinking of removing the CIVIC but dont know what to replace it with, or maybe just leave it blank. Was thinking of getting the type R badge but again scared that someone will knock it off. If only the H badge didnt have 2 holes, or it would be gone by now.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    wow that soudns really nice... u planning to put the mugen badge on ur wing?

Yea, as soon as i pick up the spoiler from my mates place and measure the gap. Then check with my sellers to see if the size matches.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Just thought I'd let you all know that Jo_E's wing was repaired and returned to him and it's in amazing condition. They colour coded it and it looks even better than before (not taking into account the crack!). I'll let him post about it.