Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer

2006 Civic FD Mugen Rear Wing installation manual (JAP)

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone was interested in reading the Japanese manual which comes with the Mugen Wing for the 2006 onwards Civic FD1/FD2/FD3/etc... I can't read/understand Japanese so fingers crossed my installers can figure it out (I'm pretty sure they can't read Japanese either).

Any pointers from anyone who's already installed it?

Fingers crossed it will use the same holes as the modulo spoiler.

edit* does the mugen one come with 3m adhesive or just screw on? Hope the modulo dont have adhesive or its gonna be an arse to remove

Thanks JaCe, I'll be getting this one for sure. Or perhaps a replica.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    Fingers crossed it will use the same holes as the modulo spoiler.

edit* does the mugen one come with 3m adhesive or just screw on? Hope the modulo dont have adhesive or its gonna be an arse to remove
    1. From what I heard most of the holes are the same, but the Modulo has one extra hole used for the tail lamp which you'll need to fill with a grommet or something.

2. Mugen comes with adhesive. Modulo should also have adhesive (assuming it's genuine and installed by Honda dealer)- look closely at the gap between the spoiler and the bootlid, and you should see some (thin) red strip.

It better not be an arse to remove. Cos ive removed some scuffs before with adhesive and its bloody tough.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sexy
    Drill 2 holes and screw it on. its easy as

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    There's other parts/adhesives and so on... and whilst it may seem straightforward to you, drilling a hole into my (relatively) new car without any experience (with drilling into my car) is a bit daunting.

Jace, dont u already have modulo spoiler? So holes already there? Just wondering how to remove the 3m tape. It looks very tight with not much gap. Not even sure fishing wire can slice through it

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    Jace, dont u already have modulo spoiler? So holes already there? Just wondering how to remove the 3m tape. It looks very tight with not much gap. Not even sure fishing wire can slice through it
    I think once it's unscrewed it shouldn't be too hard to remove. 3M tape isn't very strong- and I remember in the past my spoiler had come very very very loose because it wasn't screwed in properly.

I will keep you updated.

Btw I had a feeling the manual (above) would come in handy for you- assuming yours didn't come with manual/guide/template to drill holes.

3m tape is very tough when its huge amounts. Badges are easy to remove. But 3m tape on scuffs for example, which i think would be similar, are very hard to remove.
    Thanks for the instructions. Should be pretty straight forward considering the holes are already drilled. Just need to unbolt modulo spoiler and replace with mugen direct (hopefully holes will line up perfectly).

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    3m tape is very tough when its huge amounts. Badges are easy to remove. But 3m tape on scuffs for example, which i think would be similar, are very hard to remove.
    Thanks for the instructions. Should be pretty straight forward considering the holes are already drilled. Just need to unbolt modulo spoiler and replace with mugen direct (hopefully holes will line up perfectly).
    I think my bad experience with 3M tape is because I use it on my visors- and that is probably exposed to a lot of force which helped wear it down for me.

It better not be an arse to remove. Cos ive removed some scuffs before with adhesive and its bloody tough.
    the trick is bug and tar remover, it'll come off without hard rubbing

and Jace, I assume you have a Modulo spoiler, are you going to be selling that?