Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No reason why not. Just use the gear selection instead of drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    Damn they were doin the hand brake for you too??

Thats not cool. but its a good way to learn non the less.
    Yeh they were doing the handbrake. To be honest, I'm glad they were, because we tried doing it ourselves, and not only were we screwing up the timing and force of the handbrake application, but its another thing to have to worry about when you know your gonna have to countersteer and recover the car straight afterwards. I'm sure they'd let you do the handbrake yourself if you wanted to, but I thought it's better to learn car control when they do it for you at first.

Yep, you can do that in auto cars. The commodore and E55 AMG were both auto, and there was a Falcon company car (on LPG!) which was also auto. The commodore seemed to stall alot after it spun out tho, suprising for an auto...

yeah the pick up is to one side in the commodore fuel tanks. Stupid idea really.

how much you pay for all this fun??

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    how much you pay for all this fun??
    I paid $250. 9-4pm, lunch included and unlimited drinks. 6 other people did the course when I was doing it, but it's usually more than that. The price is normally $275, but if you get 2 mates to do it as well, and book at least a week in advance, then you get the $25 discount.

It was an advanced driving course from Driving Solutions: http://www.drivingsolutions.com.au/S...ed-driving.htm

I've also done the track days, which are the same price

damn man. Last skid pan i did was 80 bucks. Group of about 12 people and we had the pan to ourselves (with one driving instructor) from 8 - 6.

The instructor set out some courses and taught us a few things and then let us design some layouts and he chose the ones he thought were best.