Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro Lux 04

OEM Alarm on 04 Luxury - is there one?

Hi,
    I have a 2004 Euro Luxury. Does this come with an alarm?
    If yes, then how does it work i.e. what will make it go off?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    yeah it does have alarm and immobiliser - no movement sensor inside the vehicle though.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    the stock alarm system is very basic, no shock sensors, movement sensors, standalone siren or backup battery. it is wired to your horn.

so once you lock your car with the remote on the key it will activate the alarm. the only way it will set off is if you unlock the door without the remote and open the door/s.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    so once you lock your car with the remote on the key it will activate the alarm. the only way it will set off is if you unlock the door without the remote and open the door/s.
    so does that mean that if someone smashes the windows and enters the car without openning the doors, the alarm wont go off?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    so does that mean that if someone smashes the windows and enters the car without openning the doors, the alarm wont go off?
    I think that is right but they can't start the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012 satnav lux
    The alarm will go off if you enter the car without using the key,i've tried it.wind the windows down then lock the car and wait a couple of seconds then wave your arm through the open window which sets the horn and flashers off.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    The alarm will go off if you enter the car without using the key,i've tried it.wind the windows down then lock the car and wait a couple of seconds then wave your arm through the open window which sets the horn and flashers off.
    Not the Accord Euro I owned. Your alarm has been modified if it has a motion sensor.
    Last edited by yfin; 27-09-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012 satnav lux
    Nah car stock standard lux no mods and it does work

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    i thought it was only the european models that had ultra sonic sensors in the cabin? ill check mine tomorrow...

oh and in addition to if you open door while the car is armed, opening the boot or bonnet will also sound the horn

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    My 2004 lux only sounds the alarm when i open the door from the inside after i have locked it, no motion sensors or anything like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    stock alarm definately does not have a motion sensor inside the car as far as i am aware.

thats right if the someone breaks your window and does not open the doors the alarm will not trigger.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by traumatized View Post
    stock alarm definately does not have a motion sensor inside the car as far as i am aware.

thats right if the someone breaks your window and does not open the doors the alarm will not trigger.
    true that, i checked my euro lux today, no such motion sensors, only doors, boot, bonnet, and if someone tries to start the car....