Thread: Mugen grill FD

Mugen grill FD

If I were to only get the Mugen grill is it possible? or do I have to change the whole bumper to a Mugen front under spoiler as well.

Because on the original one the grill dips down to fit the Honda badge. Whereas the mugen grill comes down into a sharp round point (Hope this makes sense).

Cheers, Alex

I've been looking at the mugen grille too. To my understanding, it has nothing to do with the bumper.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R, EG/DC2R
    Can keep stock bumper.

basically what you remove from stock is the chrome part with the H logo. Then the mugen grille sits into that area around the whole edge. So it looks like a smiley face
    You dont need to remove bumpers to install the grille

Member Array
    Car:
    180sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimian View Post
    You dont need to remove bumpers to install the grille

Thought you had to take the bumper off to unscrew the grill?

u can reach it from the top. When you remove the big rubber piece that covers the grille, you reach down to remove the few clips. Unless you have really short arms

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Civic FD1, 08 Lancer
    I heard it's easier if you take the bumper off because you can see the screws you're undo-ing.. something which took Jo_E and me a bloody long time to do because we were standing up and going down into the engine bay.