Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro (Wagon)
    is those CRX gear box better than the civic one? do they have the LSD?
    i am talking about the 2nd gen CRX and the 4th gen CIvic

all depends on what engine it is....but honda gearboxes are very tough from the factory, one of the best in the business!

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Both are D series engines and given that the Yanks often keep their 4G Civic gearoxes when doing the ZC/D16 Twin-Cam conversion, the answer is yes, it will bolt up (although your gear ratios will change). They don't come with a LSD - it was a Quaife/Mugen option however. The box is a bit stronger and will handle up to 200bhp (Mugen spec motors), I don't know for how long they handle it though

Cheers
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Both are D series engines and given that the Yanks often keep their 4G Civic gearoxes when doing the ZC/D16 Twin-Cam conversion, the answer is yes, it will bolt up (although your gear ratios will change). They don't come with a LSD - it was a Quaife/Mugen option however. The box is a bit stronger and will handle up to 200bhp (Mugen spec motors), I don't know for how long they handle it though

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    are you after a D series gearbox ?

I have a recently rebuilt L3 gearbox still bolted to my old d16a8 engine if your interested hehe