Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    that would make sense i guess either way i reckon you should get it fixed that rust aint a good thing

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux Black
    To clarify, the Honda assessor noted that the roof on both sides of the sunroof is depressed, and may have been pushed down (by what he claims was someone 'skylarking' out of my sunroof by riding on the roof through the sunroof, which is outrageous. I initially laughed at the concept as I would never let anyone do that, but the assessor was quite adamant and suggested I was lying to him).

It's strange that both sides has been depressed evenly on both sides, and linearly for the whole length of the sunroof (i.e. not just a spot where a hand or foot has pressed), and that the potential weight of someone pressing on the roof can allegedly deform it like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux Black
    yeah so it doesn't seem a warranty job, so i'll have a shop look at it and see what they can do

atleast cease the rust and touch up the paint defect

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012 satnav lux
    bad luck mate was hopin for a better outcome for ya

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    if you are not entirely happy with what honda has stated you could alway call up honda australia directly and ask them to look into it again, state the reasons as you have stated above and they might come out again and take another look.

Man, that sucks Unkie

Basically the assessor reckons someone had a party on your roof that somehow caused a even depression along both edges =|
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    integra ls
    dude dont take that shit.

if you didnt cause this damage then you shouldnt have to fork out for it.

dont give up. be polite but firm and escalate the case until you can go no further.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    That is crap.

Definatly get Honda Australia involved now

Is this Honda assesor even a panel beater? is he qualified to make this kind of a statement?

If honda knock you back i would be seeking legal advise with my own independent assesor.

Good luck!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro
    Hi Guys,

Someone walked over my euro when she was six months old.

You could see the footprints (i.e. dents corresponding with footprints) going over the bonet, the roof and the boot. Ended up having to get a dent pulled from the back of the bonet near the "a" pillar, a new roof put on and several dents pulled out of the boot lid. The roof is pretty weak and it was bloody obvious that someone had walked on the car.

I would think that similar damage would have been sustained to unkie's car if that's what happened.

Unkie, i would definately get an independant assessment of the damage. If it turns out that someone did walk over the car, you may be able to recover against your insurance.

Good luck!
    Last edited by thenozman; 06-11-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Lux Black
    Thanks guys for the messages and advice!

I agree it would be worthwhile getting an independent assessment of the damage, and will do that soon.

I'm just turning a blind eye to it for the time being :P (unitl i get some time off work)

I'll keep you all posted on how things pan out

Thanks again!

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    don't bother with honda, from what i can see it's not their fault
    it happened to me too
    parked my car at chapel st and had someone run up from bonnet and jumped on sunroof..
    i could see the foot prints and had exact/similar damage to sunroof as you did