Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Ordered my chinese xcarlink a week ago, it came in the mail on Tuesday and after fiddling with my car, I got my head unit to say "CDC-5 14" and then "CDC-8 99". With no reply from the supplier I sent it back to the return address for replacement yesterday. This morning, I wake up with an apologetic email from the seller and a message that they have moved buildings since last week and I have sent my xcarlink to the wrong address >.<

If and when I get a replacement unit back I plan to make a bit of a DIY project of it, rather like another user in this thread. Since the unit itself is ugly and bulky and I'd have to cut a big hole somewhere in my dash to fit cables etc, I'm going to try and mount a USB port and AUX in plug in the centre console instead which will look much cleaner.

People have already done it on the net, apparently the hardest part is finding the plugs to use! Looking forward to trying it though, it'll be my first time modding a car (if you can call it that) and it'll look sweet when it's done
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I ordered a Honda iPod, USB & Bluetooth Car Kit (U3i-HON1/MBUS) from cushieaudio.com.au on Wednesday and got it today (Friday). Cost a total of $175 including shipping (but I didn't buy the handfree mic, would of cost another $50)

Managed to take my car front apart, losing 2 screws in the process (non-magnetized shiet), clicked right in nice and easy, tested it with my iPhone 4 and it sounds great. Only problem is I don't have a drill so I can't drill a hole to put the cable through so I can't put my car back together again!

Plays all my music and youtube, has a USB input also, but I haven't tested it out yet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    If the cord is long enough then you can do what i did and make it go to the glove box. It's easy to do the passengers side has a little panel that comes off and can feed the cable up to the glove box. I have no cable running anywhere that can be seen besides in the glove box

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I'm so tempted to buy one of these, but I'm always so clumsly when doing things myself, I fear I'll crack or break a panel in the process.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    theres a youtube video you can watch its easy as man just make sure u have a magnetic screw driver.

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Ordered my chinese xcarlink a week ago, it came in the mail on Tuesday and after fiddling with my car, I got my head unit to say "CDC-5 14" and then "CDC-8 99". With no reply from the supplier I sent it back to the return address for replacement yesterday. This morning, I wake up with an apologetic email from the seller and a message that they have moved buildings since last week and I have sent my xcarlink to the wrong address >.<

If and when I get a replacement unit back I plan to make a bit of a DIY project of it, rather like another user in this thread. Since the unit itself is ugly and bulky and I'd have to cut a big hole somewhere in my dash to fit cables etc, I'm going to try and mount a USB port and AUX in plug in the centre console instead which will look much cleaner.

People have already done it on the net, apparently the hardest part is finding the plugs to use! Looking forward to trying it though, it'll be my first time modding a car (if you can call it that) and it'll look sweet when it's done
    CDC 5 - 14 : AUX
    CDC 8 - 99 : Loading USB

If you put a USB key in and it keeps switching from CDC 5 - 14 to CDC 8 - 99 repeatedly without playing then it is most likely due to the storage capacity of your USB key. I had this problem with my one when using a 4GB USB key, but when i try a 2GB one it plays without a problem everytime.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Thanks for that info tonysalib, so you have any more information about those codes?

I'm annoyed if that is the reason as I had to pay to send the xcarlink back =/ Why would a larger USB screw it up? That doesn't make sense...besides where can you buy a 2GB USB stick these days, they're obsolete! haha
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Thanks for that info tonysalib, so you have any more information about those codes?

I'm annoyed if that is the reason as I had to pay to send the xcarlink back =/ Why would a larger USB screw it up? That doesn't make sense...besides where can you buy a 2GB USB stick these days, they're obsolete! haha
    No thats all the info I could conclude from my experience with it so far.

Its normal for these devices to support only certain capacities, you can't imagine you can just plug in a 1TB portable hard drive and it would work. But i agree 2GB is pretty tiny but oh well better than having to keep burning non-mp3 CDs

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I think it has to do with a security feature on some usb cards. The same thing happened to me with another 2gb disc. Im going to buy a bigger usb stick (homebrand seems to work better) and see if that works will let you know how i go

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    Anyone done it on a cu2 euro?

Got a DIY ?
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone

so whats the verdict?
    which one to get, Xcarlink, Grom, Dice
    im confused...
    please help

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    Ive had the x carlink and it worked like a charm,

terms for installation, do it through the glove box it looks much neater and it can read any USB, you just gotta make folders for it to read.

e.g. CD01 - CD10

you gotta name your folders CD(insert number 01 - 10)

it can only have up to 10 folders with 99 songs in each.

if you dont do that chances of it reading your USB = 20%.

once installed and have made folders for songs it should read CDC01 - 14 so CD01(folder) - track 14 etc.

ive now taken out my x car link as in stalled a double din headunit so its up for sale. just PM me for price. (postage is pick up only)
    PSN: Ply88

Games:CODMW2FIFA10SF4Tekken6Pro Evolution Soccer