Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    If you want to be super clean and you have the tools at home, get panel mounts for your AUX and USB. I got mine for quite a reasonable price from http://www.frontx.com/store/order_p.html

The dimensions of the mounts are available on the website so you can make your holes fit and line up exactly. Then hide the unit itself with the wires behind the console. More space and looks nice and professional too
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I put mine in the glove box

Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    I found the easiest and cleanest way of doing it is mounting it to the front center console (below the head unit). You don't need to cut anything, you can basically run the wire from the top of the box (behind the lid) and mount the unit to the side of the center console so you can still actually use it (it is a massive center console ). Ill try to post some pics tonight.
    Cheers mate, Pics will be sweet.

managed to do the install, did it in like 25 min.

Cheers for the info.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    hi guys, installed a unit from cushieaudio.com.au

it is a very good unit and does what you need it to !

install is all the same, by plugging the unit into your cd changer port.

go crazy guys !

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd17 View Post
    hi guys, installed a unit from cushieaudio.com.au

it is a very good unit and does what you need it to !

install is all the same, by plugging the unit into your cd changer port.

go crazy guys !
    This is exactly what i want. with the mic and all that.

Do they install for you too?
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Sat Lux
    Quick one guys, has anyone noticed with the USB model the Volume is alot quieter when using USB instead of AUX? just wondering if anyone has any tricks to bump it up a bit?

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    In general? It could be the quality of the mp3s you are playing. Otherwise you can expect that as AUX IN generally has a more amplified signal if you are playing from an mp3 player or iPod whereas the xcarlink might not amplify the audio as much when decoding your music.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Sat Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    In general? It could be the quality of the mp3s you are playing. Otherwise you can expect that as AUX IN generally has a more amplified signal if you are playing from an mp3 player or iPod whereas the xcarlink might not amplify the audio as much when decoding your music.
    any tips on how i can amplify the usb?

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    You will have to amplify the mp3 files themselves using a program such as Audacity since the xcarlink unit will probably have some constant amount of amplification (if it wasn't constant amplification then there would be some variable resistor i.e. volume knob somewhere for you to adjust).
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Sat Lux

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    You will have to amplify the mp3 files themselves using a program such as Audacity since the xcarlink unit will probably have some constant amount of amplification (if it wasn't constant amplification then there would be some variable resistor i.e. volume knob somewhere for you to adjust).
    cheers mate will try this out over the weekend

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    No probs, just do it carefully. Careless editing and amplification can result in bad sounding mp3s.

Foolproof method is to start with CD quality. But do some research on bit-rates, bandwidth etc. Small mp3 files by nature do not allow wide variances in volume so the loud bits are reduced and the soft bits are increased. It's all a trade-off. But if you have lots of USBs, who cares how big your mp3 files are?
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|