Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    the one selling in xcarlink.com.au has a little screen on it, is it a new version?

They don't have screens on them. The Xcarlink unit uses your factory headunits screen.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, R170, GDA
    Hi guys,

Just installed the xcarlink into my 06 euro lux auto - piece of cake!

Bought the xcarlink off ebay for $90, was delivered in 4 days via EMS (delivered on a saturday!)

Installation took about 30 mins, pretty straightforward. The plastic surround around the auto shifter came off quite easily, no problems with cracking or anything. Stuck the actual unit in the glovebox using doublesided tape. The unit I got has aux-in, SD card and USB. I've tried the USB and SD card and both work just fine!
    06 accord euro milano pink RIP June 2014

Do you guys ever get tracks that takes a long time to start playing?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    everytime i get a phone call mine resets to CD8 track 89... after a while it goes back to the song...

people always wonder why i tell them to piss off when they call me while in my car lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Anyone bought from here before?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-SD-MP3-Xc...QQcmdZViewItem

Its around $97 shipped for the USB/SD model - does this one have any particular problems? Probably gonna order this before Monday, hopefully i'll get it within a few weeks.

Any thoughts?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Anyone bought from here before?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-SD-MP3-Xc...QQcmdZViewItem

Its around $97 shipped for the USB/SD model - does this one have any particular problems? Probably gonna order this before Monday, hopefully i'll get it within a few weeks.

Any thoughts?
    Says "Car noise restrain circuit build inside, restrain car noise and interfere perfectly." Let us know if it works because the XCarlink unit does have engine whine interference.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Says "Car noise restrain circuit build inside, restrain car noise and interfere perfectly." Let us know if it works because the XCarlink unit does have engine whine interference.
    Ah i just noticed the ones on ebay aren't even the same as the xcarlink.com.au ones! I'm a bit apprehensive about going for some eBay ones, plus i would have to wait a few weeks.

Is the hissing/buzzing noticeable on the ones you guys have? I also read something about being unable to skip through tracks with speed, because of lag.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ah i just noticed the ones on ebay aren't even the same as the xcarlink.com.au ones! I'm a bit apprehensive about going for some eBay ones, plus i would have to wait a few weeks.

Is the hissing/buzzing noticeable on the ones you guys have? I also read something about being unable to skip through tracks with speed, because of lag.
    It is whining which follows RPM. No problem with skipping through tracks with speed. But skipping through folders with speed can be a problem if you don't let the song start playing before you hit disc 6.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It is whining which follows RPM. No problem with skipping through tracks with speed. But skipping through folders with speed can be a problem if you don't let the song start playing before you hit disc 6.
    Ahh i see, thanks for the reply mate. In that case, i might try out that yumcha ebay one. I'll do a bit more research and hopefully come to a conclusion before end of sunday.

Is the hissing load or noticeable? I usually play my music at a volume of 10 or 12, depending on my speed and the track.

Cheers mate

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Ahh i see, thanks for the reply mate. In that case, i might try out that yumcha ebay one. I'll do a bit more research and hopefully come to a conclusion before end of sunday.

Is the hissing load or noticeable? I usually play my music at a volume of 10 or 12, depending on my speed and the track.

Cheers mate
    Yeah, the whining is noticeable. It is not hissing. It is whining. Like a mini supercharger sound. haha