Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Yeah, the whining is noticeable. It is not hissing. It is whining. Like a mini supercharger sound. haha
    Well, i wouldn't mind a mini supercharger .

Thanks for the help mate, i'll go ahead and order the yumcha ebay one and report back. Hopefully it arrives within 2 weeks!

Cheers

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Let us know how it goes. If it does fix the whining sound, then I might retire my XCarlink unit for the yumcha one too!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    I received the 'xcarlink' device yesterday, on a sunday, which was a surprise!

Took around an hour to get installed, most of the time was spent trying to get the cover around the shifter out!

Here's a picture for those with automatics. I spent ages trying to get the black thing out too, like in the manual!

Anyway, here's the chinese xcarlink.

It uses a weird aux in plug, but comes supplied with the cable so thats ok i guess.

I had a drive around with it today and can't notice any whining that varies with the revs. The only thing i can hear is 'white noise' when there's nothing playing but i get that on blank parts on my CDs anyway, so i dont think thats a fault of the unit.

How subtle is your whining on the xcarlink units? I tried revving hard while it was playing quiet tracks but still couldn't hear anything unusual.

I guess either this unit is a-ok or i'm not listening for the right thing, but my guess is that it could be ok

do i see a bluetooth logo?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Yeah, no idea what's up with that though! They probably thought it looked pretty and decided to add it onto the device somewhere, lol!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro STD
    i too got my xcarlink the other day but i got the Ipod version. install was straight forward.

I have noticed that the the songs do come through softer when playing via the Ipod. Does anyone else have this problem.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 accord euro lux
    yea i gots a xcarlink thingo for my euro, but small problem... does anione notice that it stops playing wen some1 calls through too ur mobile fone??? coz mines just stops playin for say 10 secs or fully jsut stops playing...sadface*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord euro 06' black.
    Quote Originally Posted by chasa View Post
    i too got my xcarlink the other day but i got the Ipod version. install was straight forward.

I have noticed that the the songs do come through softer when playing via the Ipod. Does anyone else have this problem.
    Yeah I just installed mine.. apart from cracking the shifter surround and losing two screws I also noticed its quieter than CD and also seems to ''pulse'' slightly in volume at low volume..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You don't need to rev to hear the whining sound. just drive normally and shift at 3000rpm with your volume at 10-13. You'll hear it. If you don't hear it, then it is time for me to buy one of these new xcarlinks too!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    so you should be able to still use steering wheel controls with this? link to buy please

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro08Jaz View Post
    so you should be able to still use steering wheel controls with this? link to buy please
    Yes your steering control works with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro lxry
    Does anyone know what the bluetooth part of it does?

Looking at one on ebay has the bluetooth logo on it as previous post above

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bluetooth-Xca...dZp1638Q2em122